The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
718 Posts
I go to the gym three times a week, and eat sensibly (no chocolate, otherwise everything else in moderation - if I eat choc my whole eating gets thrown off which is why I now avoid it).

I am loosing weight without even trying - 5 kg so far (which is about 11 pounds). I am actually quite happy if I don't loose any more, but it still seems to be coming off.

The best thing to do is to find an exercise regime that you can do and stick to it. If your knees are hurting, they maybe try water aerobics as that is much gentler on tthe joints, and you can still have a really good workout.

best of luck with it all, it is hard to start in the beginning but as soon as you see some results it is really encouraging. And I just feel so much better if I exercise, I really enjoy it. I have a programme at the gym that is specifically designed around my disability, so I don't do anything that stresses my body

best of luck with it all

raglet

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.