TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's not so surprising I have a yeast infection seeing I am on both steroids and antibiotics, plus my steroids have been increased lately, but boy is it ikky ! Very ouch.

And rather funny too - because of all the damage to my mouth and tongue (brainstem stuff) I have to squirt the nystatin drops in but then swishing it around my mouth is
1) impossible due nerve damage, my mouth just won't do that any more and
2) if by some miracle I do manage to distribute around my mouth, I imediately choke on it.

Which is really quite funny, so I am just squirting it into my mouth, then sticking a clean finger in my mouth and distributing it around the place as best I can. It seems to be working ok, and my mouth is about 70% better today - yesterday was REALLY ouchie.

Just running out the door to go to the movies with my daughter - Momma Mia here we come, was never an ABBA fan but it will be a blast from the past all the same and I always love Meryl Streep movies.

cheers

Raglet

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Raglet,
sorry about your yeast infection.
I have just been put on niastatin too as I have just finished a course of pred and have thrush in my intestinal tract so i really empathise it's not nice. :sad:
I hope it clears up for you soon.

Take Care and Good Luck.

Cassie :)

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Raglet,

It just seems so unfair that trying to get rid of one thing you get another. Glad to hear you have at least seen some improvement though.

I hope you and your daughter enjoyed the movie.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Raglet

Glad your mouth is feeling better. Hope it clears up real soon for you.

Hope that you both enjoyed the film:)

Mrs M

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually the movie was fab - sheer good fun, I really enjoyed it. I really recommend.

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Raglet

I hope the ulcers clear up soon. I enjoyed parts of Mamma Mia and loathed other parts, screechy effusing women which I guess was a large part! I'd have enjoyed it more if the GDD hadn't stopped me singing along. These kids are so stuffy.
:lol:

Hugs
Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts