The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just found this site and hope it will help me in lots of ways. I was diagnosed with SLE 3.5 years ago when my son was 6 months old. I had lost 3 babies prior to having him and tests showed i has APS, with medication (daily injections of heparin) i managed to carry until 38 weeks :) At 6 months I had a barrage of tests for lupus and they came back positive :( up until now ive pretty much got by with the use of NSAIDS and occasional steriod injections and the support of my husband, BUT recently my symptoms seem to have accelerated, we emigrated to the USA 2 years ago and all seemed well, i didnt even have a doctor at first (naught naughty i know :blush: ) but i have just had an almighty flare AND been diagnosed with Mono and a liver infection so have been started on 'metholpredisnone'.

Im starting to actually feel like i have a life long illness, my husband is very supportive but my parents tend to 'poo poo' it a bit as they dont know much about it.

Needing more support and knowledge than ever and truly hoping i can find it here :sad:

Oh, by the way, Im Emma (31) married to **** (43) originally from Leeds UK, now living in sunny Florida with our son Joe (4)

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Emma,
You have found the right place.:)

There is a lot of warm, caring, supportive members here.
This is a good place to learn about lupus. You can post a question, do a search or go into the chat room ( the link to the Lupus Site Chat Room is at the top, centre of this Forum Page between 'Calendar' and 'New Posts') and talk one on one with members.

It is great to have a supportive husband. There is a letter to normals you might want to take a look at. Here is the link to it on this board.

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67968

You might want to share it with your family. Some times it is hard for family members to understand. To them we look like we feel good. People only judge on how we are feeling by looking only the outside of us. If they would get a peek at our insided they would find a different story.

I am sorry that you are having a tough time right now.:hug: I hope the new med will help you feeling better soon.

It is nice to meet you. Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Emma and welcome!

Like you I emmigrated, only I came to Belgium (from Iremand) - no sun :lol:

I hope you find these boards as wonderful and supportive as I have. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Sorry to here that you are flaring right now. The unpredictabilty of this disease can be very frustrating indeed. I hope that you get relief quickly.

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys and Lyn, thanks so much for the link to the letter, ive just printed it out and am going to give it to my mum as she seems to have the hardest time dealing with the fact i have this, although i think my recent flare has shocked her into realisation a little.

Thanks again
Emma x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Emma, and welcome here.

Sorry your Parents aren't supportive, I am sure they worry and perhaps just can't handle it. We are here for you.
X Lola

1 - 6 of 6 Posts