The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Ive actually joined up as a member on behalf of my Mum who is 66 as she is awaiting confirmation of Lupus diagnosis. She has classic signs and symptoms and with hindsight has had "flare ups" as far back as 18 years ago. She has had rheumatoid athritis all of that time, and has recently been really suffering with other horrible symptoms.

Mum doesnt "get on" with computers etc so I thought i would have a look what support was out there. This site looks very friendly and helpful, im sure i will have lots to ask you guys if that's okay? Mum has her Rheumotology consultation on Friday am which should answer some of her questions.

bex
x

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum to you and your Mum

It is great that she has such a helpful and concerned daughter - good for you! :)
Of course we will help all we can. I hope the appointment has a good outcome, with answers and treatment although often it's the follow up appointment that really counts. The first appointment is often all questions and further blood tests, although if she will be seeing the same rheumy as she sees for the RA this won't be so necessary I suppose

All the same, I suggest your Mum makes a complete health history and list of all symptoms as well as a list of the various medicines she has been on. A list of chronic health issues of close blood relatives can come in handy as well.

It's advisable not to wear any nail polish or makeup. Please let us know how she gets on and don't hesitate to ask about anything.

Bye for now

:)
Clare

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi bex and welcome to the forum.

Your a awesome daughter to get on and research things for your mum. I do hope her appointment goes well and she is provided some answers thus leading to medicine that will help her get on with feeling better.

The Lupus Book by Dr. Daniel Wallace is a must have for newly diagnosed folks. It is written in layman's terms so we can understand it and it really explains this disease very well even down to blood test results and what they mean.

Send warm hugs to your mum and keep us posted. I hope her appointment goes well.:wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Bex and :welcome:

I hope you enjoy being here on the site. I'm sure that you'll find lots of useful information for your Mum :)

bye for now,
Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:welcome:Bex well good for you for thinking about your mum.You will get great support on the site.We have the chat room aswell so if you want to pop in to that please do so Elisabeth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a lovely, warm welcoming bunch of people you are! thanks so much. It really does help in the midst of all the confusion. I wish i could convince Mum to get a little computer-literate but for now im the "in-betweener"!

xxx

i don have a specific question but ill got to the chat room on my lunchbreak.

cheers x:)

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It is wonderful to see a loved one on here to learn and help their family member. I am glad that you found the site helpfull so far for you and your mom. Questions are the specialty of the site lol. I hope that in time your mom will just want to learn so she can share with us. If not we welcome you to post for her and to reply for her. It can be very scary the first time someone trying one of these things I know.

I hope that both of you are feeling well and doing well. I hope to get a chance to chat with you sometime in the chat room.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Bex - My Mum insists on having a facebook account to keep up with family overseas but my sister and I have to "take dictation" when she wants to send a message or update her page LOL! She is a little frightened of the puter too! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.