The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can't say it has been a great shock. I have been expecting it ever since the incident over the christmas period when the heating and hot water broke down. I had to get a law advicer to help get it fixed and since then I think it's just been a matter of time.
Fortuantly I followed the advice that some of you gave me (thank you) and I put myself on the council housing list in JanuaryI spoke to someone today and hopefully they will be able to help, not only with helping me find somewhere else, but also with getting my deposits back if the landlord decided to play really nasty.
I also kept all of the correspondance over the incident so I think now is the time to put in a claim against them for not fixing the problem within a reasonable time period.

Hopefully things will workout for the best, I just can't help feeling a bit overwhelmed about having to move and also a bit worried about where we will end up living as I haven't got time to be picky.:worried:

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
553 Posts
OMG Elle

I hope that you find somewhere soon, your present Landlord sounds like a right piece of work.

I hope that it is not too stressful for you and I will be thinking of you as will everyone else here. Sending lots of thoughts your way

Look after yourself

Claire xx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Elle
Im a great believer in Karma so I recokon what goes around comes around...also I believe what is meant for you wont pass you by. Now I know that this might sound like total crap to some people but the older I get the more I believe there is truth in it.

I believe that you will live somewhere much better than the last and that you will, shortly, say 'thank God we moved'...

In the meatnime while you are in this transition period, hang onto yourself and focus on the better times ahead.

Let us know what your new place feels like..
Love
Joan

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Karma, yup.....me too. It must be a Irish thing that we believe in Karma.:lol:

Elle, every dog has their day and karma is real. When you least expect it the bite in the butt comes to get ya. No good will come to this nasty individual.

Take good care of yourself and I am sure moving ahead things will turn out just fine. I am thinking your new place..............well you might just like it more then where you are now.

Keep us posted and keep your chin up.:wink2:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Elle, I remember the original incident and how uncomfortable it was for you. I am sorry you have all the strain of movig though. I hope you can muster some help to sort your stuff out.
x Lola

·
Registered
553 Posts
I definitely agree with Joan and Karol I am also a great believer of Karma (what goes around comes around) Must be an Irish thing lol (my mother is Irish)!!

Claire

·
11,409 Posts
(((Elle))))

I remember what you went threw too.

I hope you find a wonderful new place along with a caring land lord.

I also believe "what goes around will eventually come back and and he will get his just deserts in the end.":wink2:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Elle,
I definitely remember the ordeal you went through. This was nothing you should have had to deal with. Good that you kept the paperwork and documentation.

I agree with the others that what goes around, comes around. In the end, this man will get his.

I hope that this move does make things easier for you. Are there any high school age kids who could help you to pack? Usually they are cheaper and do a great job.

Positive thoughts and prayers for you.
Sally

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the support guys, :).
Yep I'm a great believer in karma too and I think there is a whole lot due to my landlord. (Irish decendant here too:lol:)
I'm going to do a bit of packing every day so that it won't be too much of a job when the day finally comes. We have been given until september, but the lady from the council told me that they can't throw me out then, instead they will have to get a court order which can take ages so we should have a bit longer to find somewhere nice.

Hugs to all
Elle x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Well elle part of that Karma we are talking about is that court order that will make him crazy and yet allow you the luxury of time to find a nice place.:lol:

I really wish you luck with this whole situation and I know in my heart that things will work out ok. I am really confident now that you have more time.

Let us know how you get along.:wink2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good luck with the move!

I'm a Karma believer too, one of my favourite sayings is everything happens for a reason . . . .your dream house might be just around the corner and hopefully it's cheaper too! :lol:

·
Marika
349 Posts
hi elle,

I am in the same position as you...landlord has threatend to throw my daughter and me out....he bought the whole house and has managed to get the other 2 flors to move elderly people. he wants me out so he can resell at an amazing profit...my flat us up for sale in the internet didn't even tell me. As my hubby dumped me its really difficult to find somewhere until i am financially secure. Anyway I checked he hasn't got a leg to stand on..so when he threatened me (my knees were shaking) i coolly said 'go ahead' that got him..he hasn't sent it. I have an insuance for court cases so i can take him on until i find somewhere where i like.......its hard but im not going to be pushed around my a guy...stick to yr guns find out yr rights...good luck

Marika

·
florie
589 Posts
I am so sorry this has come your way. But sometimes things happen for a reason . I feel you will find a nicer place and nicer landlord.
Praying things work out well for you.

Smart doing the packing. Wishing you lots of luck.
luv, florie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts