The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope my celebration isn't premature, but I just have to share because I AM SO HAPPY!

I took my second dose of Plaquenil/Hydroxychloroquine this morning with breakfast, have stomach pain now but not too bad. My face was red before I took this morning's dose, is now normal, also the burning and itching that has been driving me mad for the past three years is gone and I have more energy than I've had in a very long time! Hallelujeh!

Pollianna, I wonder if our rapid response to Plaquenil/Hydroxychloroquine is due to the fact we are so sensitive to meds in general because I don't have low body fat being approximately 40 lbs overweight because of eating too often over the years to try to raise my energy levels. Just a thought.

I still have to take hydrocodone for pain, but hopefully that will change soon too.

Barb

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
I did smile when I saw this post. I know that Plaquinel has a long half life but I do believe for some of us it will work sooner than others. Some people take it for a yr and have no relief.

I found that after even one pill the next morning I looked in my eyes and they were not dry for the first time since I can remember. They were white. I am sooo sensitive to meds and yeah if your a few lbs heavier it must be that then. I'm sooo pleased for you barb. Long may it continue :hug: xx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm glad to hear you are seeing improvement tolerating it pretty well (most people will have next to no side effects, and any side effects that are experienced will disappear within 2-4 weeks). That is amazing that you are experiencing an improvement already - may it continue and get better and better as time goes on. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well that's wonderful news! You are one of the lucky ones who didn't have to wait months for improvement. I'm betting you'll see even more benefit in the weeks ahead.

Alimonkey, don't be discouraged if you don't have the same quick response (but I sure hope you do!). Many of us had to wait for improvement but it's well worth waiting for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts