The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently going through a flare up but have some strange symptoms! Had all last week off work as i could barely walk due to severe pain in knees and swelling, given all types of medication by GP. My right calf has swollen and is bigger then the left GP thought it was DVT - lucky it wasn't but said it could be cyst that burst.
Does anyone know if this could be linked to my flare up and has anyone had anything like this? Have emergency appt with my rheumy on Monday.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, sorry you sound as though you are in real pain. I am suprised you are having to wait till Monday, if you are concerned or it gets worse I would go straight to A + E. If a cyst has burst I would have thought it would need urgent treatment? Is the urgent rheumy appt, cos you are flaring? Keep an eye on your leg and don't forget you can always go to the out of hours doc. I hope you manage throughout the weekend, let us know how you get on.

Take care

DEb

7 Posts
Hi-
A couple months back I had inflamation and swelling in my left knee and could barely walk. They thought that the inflamation had caused fluid build up (a cyst) and that it ruptured. They put me on a round of steriods and said that my body would have to slowly reabsorb the fluid. I was already on anti inflammatories. It was very painful and took a couple weeks to get better. Definatly make sure and have someone look at it. My calf also swelled, it almost felt as if it was going to pop it was so tight. Keeping it elevated also helped. I hope you feel better soon :) Maybe you can get some rest over the holiday weekend. Oh, and I was having a flare at the time that all this was going on. Had Mylar rash and joint pain real bad right before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.