The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Quick question-does anyone else have a problem with constantly feeling cold and no matter what you do you just can't seem to get warm? It's 70 degrees in the house and I'm wearing a thermal long john top, a sweatshirt hoodie, and a blanket over my legs and I'm still cold. Is this a Raynaud's thing because I never had this issue before that showed up. I'm not sick nor do I have a fever that would cause this. Even moving around doesn't help. I'm just a bit achey and tired. Any advice?

Thanks,
Envy the human popsickle

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello envy

All I can suggest is hypothyroid or possibly anemia. Ask your doctor for testing. I hope you get some answers soon and start feeling warmer !

Good Luck
Clare

·
florie
589 Posts
Hello,
I just read your post and it fits me to a t. I am always feeling cold and its in the 70's here in florida. I am always carrying around a sweater and use it in stores where it's freezing to me. I usually get so cold and tired too. I do get achy and never have a fever, my labs come out okay and i just don't know i feel this way. But you are not alone. I am diagnoised with sle lupus. What are you diagnoised with?
Here is a for instance, if my mom has the ceiling fan on in the house it makes me feel like a chill is running threw me. I cannot deal with drafts or weather change either. I hope someone with come across our chills and give us a reason for it. Hope you warm up soon.
Florie:rose:

·
Registered
146 Posts
This fits me too, I'm extremely cold all the time, I've taken my temp recently and havent noticed a temp I just went thru a period a couple of weeks ago where I chilled so bad I almost just went to me GP to see if he could check my lab to see if I was anemic I mean I couldn't get warm no matter what. I keep a heating pad at my desk at work on high all day and then when I come home I freeze. I would use a heating pad at night as well and would wake up when it turned off, finally my mom bought me an electric blanket, what a life saver. I also have terrible night sweats. I think it's from the lupus.:sad:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am ALWAYS cold too, no matter how high i put the heat in my house. I don't know the cause either, but it bothers me seeing my partner and our kids running around in t-shirts, and I'm dressed with my usual layers feeling the deep chill.

Brrrr - keep warm everyone!

Karin

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
scotish weather

snap i sit with a blanket over my legs my central heating is never of every one that comes into my house is sweating my husband has to sleep every other night in our other room to get a proper sleep hope you feel warm soon:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys and thanks for your advice and experiences.

I haven't been dx with anything other than Hashimoto's (of which my labs have never been away from normal range...I just have the Antibodies for it) and vitiligo. I do get the night sweats too and it's to the point where my fiancee has to put a blanket barrier between us at night and he usually just sleeps under a sheet since I throw off so much heat even though I'm alternating between freezing and overheated. Sometimes he's forced to sleep in the guest room, so I know exactly how that is.

I could be a bit anemic, but I take a multivitamin everyday since I need it for the vitamin D and I think it has enough iron in it unless I'm just not absorbing it...who knows.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, just wanted to say that yes, that sounds like it could very well be Raynauds. But then there are always other possibilities.
Just do what the reat of us do, pile on as much as you can to keep warm. Be well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.