The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out today I've been accepted to do a masters in midwifery.

:stretch::stretch::stretch:
The course starts in April 2009, so I've some time to get used to the idea of studying again.

:nervous:

The hope (for me, but also the other candidates) is to move into clinical research after the course is over. I really hope that this will be a good option for the future - a way to get out of the physical strains of practical work, but still getting to use my brain and feel like I'm doing something worthwhile.:stretcher:

Just thought I'd share the good news:p

X C X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi cath,

I envy you, well done!!!

I hope that the course brings you everything you hoped for and a whole lot more :)

Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Excellent News Cath! Woo Hoo! Well done you! :):)

Im sitting in a hotel room in the West of Ireland at the moment just at the early days of a Management Course with University Limerick. I hope my brain is as sharp as yours and gets me through it all! Mine goes on over several blocks of training between now and next March - nine assignments, one exam and one project. Yikes!

At least we can moan to each other about the pressures of the education system :p

Many congrats again Cath. I hope you enjoy every moment.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That's awesome! I hope you get to do all that you want to do after
graduation (& have a great time while in school again too). ;)

Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS CATH

Hi Cath :wavey: :hello: :wavey:

WOW that is great news that you have been accepted, WELL DONE.

I really hope that everything goes well for you and when you have finished the course you can follow in the direction that you want to.

GOOD LUCK :luck: and once again well done.

Take care :bunny: Jo :bunny:

·
11,410 Posts
Congrats, Cath!:cheer2:

This is such great news.:woohoo:

Good luck.:luck:

:rose:
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Congratulations Cath! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats

Kath,
many congratulations on being accepted for your Masters in Midwifery. It shows recognition for your past professional skills and learning.

I was 51 when I was accepted for Masters in Education at Monash University Melbourne, after miles of study and a lifetime as a teacher. I loved it, and it led to fulltime higher studies up till 3 years ago graduation.

We never know what is ahead of us, until we try it.

I look forward to hearing how you go over time, stamina is the word

·
Registered
457 Posts
well done you!

lastyear I was accepted on an MA in English Language and like you was hoping to move into reserach for the same reasons after-and I've been awarded a PhD scholarship to look at metaphor usage in medical discourse so I hope you have as much luck as me!!

love Rachel

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Cath, many congratulations ! That is a wonderful achievement and it's extra good that you will be able continue your vocation and career with fewer physical demands. Are you doing it in Dutch?

Love
Clare

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you eveyone for your kind words, and also for your own inspirational stories and achievements.

I'm think the lectures will be in Dutch, but I can write the thesis in english thank goodness:hehe:.

Joan, all the very best for your own heavy study load in the coming months. Make sure Dyson sees how hard you are studying:wink2:

X C X

·
Registered
931 Posts
Congratulations Cath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited::cheer2:

What wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:I wish you the best of luck with your course and hope you enjoy every single minute of it!!!!! :bigsmile:

Bravo!!!!! :thumbs:

Zoi

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Cath,

I am so happy for you! Great Job! I know, you will enjoy the challenge, and meeting new people, and learning about babies..and how to deliver them.

Oh how wonderful!

Love,
Sandy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts