TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Linda
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all - I'm just moaning, so if you want to ignore me, I'll understand ;)

I spent most of yesterday in bed, feeling exhausted, so I really wanted to go out & get some air today. So I just got the bus to town, bought a few staples, sat & had a coffee, and then got the bus back. Gone 90 mins max.

I've been sweating uncontrollably, my back, hips & knees are aching, my leg muscles feel weak and I could sleep for weeks.

On top of it all, the whole trip was such an effort because I can't catch my breath, so I'm wheezing the whole time!

I don;t get my last lot of blood tests back until Thurs!

I just want to feel how I did this time last year, when I had done the 3 peaks, run a 10k, and was gearing up to climb Sigirya in Sri Lanka!

Lxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Linda and (((((((((hugs))))))))

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful. It sounds like you're going to have to take it pretty easy and rest a good bit.

It is awful when we sometimes find ourselves looking back and doing a "before and after" thing. Something I try and avoid as much as possible but it is inevitable from time to time.

We won't ignore you, it's good to get it out when you feel like that, so moan away...

sorry I can't help more,
:hug:

Katharine

·
Linda
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Katherine!

I've put my PJs on, and have decided to lie down& watch a movie - I need to stop beating myself up about this!

I't hard - I spent 3 years building my fitness up to the point where I powerwalked a marathon, and was running 3 times aweek - cycling everywhere & I enjoyed my body in way I hadn't done for years - now I feel like it's broken!

I think for me this is the hardest thing!

I'll get there - wherever there is for me - but it might be a long road! Just glad there are people like you around who understand!

It does mean a lot.

Lxx

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Linda

Just wanted to say am sorry you're not having a good day but you're more than entitled to have a moan. I think having a good moan helps and why not!!!!!!!!!

Try to take things easy and rest. Hope the PJs and the movie's helped and you're feeling more chilled.:)
Ther's nothing better than putting on a good pair of PJs and pleasing yourself.

Hope tomorrows a better day and I'm sure you'll feel fine.

:grhug:

Take care Mrs M x

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Linda,
Just here to sympathise.
Not that i was superfit like you but I would be able to plan stuff and not think twice about whether I could do it or not.
I missed so much of last spring and summer that I totally relate to that feeling broken, and just hanging on one day at a time. Sometimes it was one hour at a time:worried: It has got better........now almost/lupie normal.

Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Linda,

I'm not sure of your history. Have you just been recently diagnosed since last year? If so, it is a hard thing to accept. I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago, but I'm not sure myself how much I have accepted this illness.

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I never could walk or run, but last summer I was able to go camping serveral times with my family, which is the only thing we do together. We had to move to a trailer from a tent, but that was okay, we still camped. Then in the fall things fell apart and I have been sick every since. No summer for me this year. That doesn't help your situation, but at least I can empathize with you.

Do you take any pain medications? That's one thing I've learned to do. Before tackling any big things like an outting, exercising, etc. I make sure I take my pain medications first whether I am in pain or not at the moment. When you are in pain, it's too late for getting it under control. My husband got me to do that and it does make a difference. At least the pain doesn't peak so high.

I really don't have much else I can do other than recommending that you rest, take care of yourself and take your pain meds if you have them. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Go to bed early. Have a nice long hot bath if you can. Soak in espom salts or whatever works for you.

All the best.

Nutty

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Linda

I am so sorry your feeling so poorly at the moment. You did just the right thing putting up a post. One thing I have found about the people on this site, they never ignore you, they are there when you need them most and offer some great advice and lots of support. They know how it is!

As Katherine said you so just need to rest up and help things settle rather that keep doing stuff. It is really hard when you are used to being so active, as it sounds like you were.

I also make the mistake of "well I used to be able to". My husband and I used to cycle across the Somerset Levels together and walk miles. When I am feeling well we walk but I do exactly like nutty I take Pain meds about half an hour before and top up if necessary.

Take care of yourself Linda, Stay in your PJ's and curl up on the sofa with a blanket, cup of tea and a good movie! Get plenty of rest and I hope you feel better soon.

Keep us update

Hugs
Claire xxxx:flower2::posy:
I'll send you some flowers too cos they always manage to cheer me up! :)

·
Linda
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone! I'm not sure I feel an awful lot better this morning - I've showered & put on clean PJs - but I know it's another day in front of daytime TV!

I've being going to make bread since Saturday, but I don't think I'm up to the kneeding! Grrrrrrrrr!

It really does make me feel cared for getting such supportive messages & knowing I'm not alone!

Hope you all have a good day :)

Lxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts