The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Linda,

I'm not sure of your history. Have you just been recently diagnosed since last year? If so, it is a hard thing to accept. I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago, but I'm not sure myself how much I have accepted this illness.

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I never could walk or run, but last summer I was able to go camping serveral times with my family, which is the only thing we do together. We had to move to a trailer from a tent, but that was okay, we still camped. Then in the fall things fell apart and I have been sick every since. No summer for me this year. That doesn't help your situation, but at least I can empathize with you.

Do you take any pain medications? That's one thing I've learned to do. Before tackling any big things like an outting, exercising, etc. I make sure I take my pain medications first whether I am in pain or not at the moment. When you are in pain, it's too late for getting it under control. My husband got me to do that and it does make a difference. At least the pain doesn't peak so high.

I really don't have much else I can do other than recommending that you rest, take care of yourself and take your pain meds if you have them. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Go to bed early. Have a nice long hot bath if you can. Soak in espom salts or whatever works for you.

All the best.

Nutty

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.