TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is bri & im a 31 year old lady from london. I was eventually diagnosed with SLE in 1997, ive since suffered an acute flare up in 2000 which resulted in me losin all 4 digits on my left hand & 1/2 the index digit on my right, nerve damaged in both legs & some renal failure. :rolleyes:If it was not for the love & support of my family & son i think i would of given up ages ago but im here (give thanks) & still fightin on. Ive had a hip replacement 3years ago because of the amount of damaged that been on long term steriods has done & im currently waitin 2 have an operation on my left ankle as they suspect that just like my hip, my ankle has become damaged in the same way.

Like i said im new to this & just stumbled upon this site, but its a comfort 2 no & be able 2 read some of your stories, knowin that their are others out there like myself who have had a hard time with lupus & no matter what continue to believe, have faith & fight on:wink2:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Bri

Welcome to the Forum. Gosh but you have had a difficult time with Lupus:sad:

This is a great place for support and advice and Im really glad you found us. Im sure you will be able to give and get support from all the members here.I look forward to getting to know you.

Much love
Joan:rose:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Bri,:)

Welcome to the Lupus Board.
It is nice to meet you. You are so right, it is nice to talk to people that know what we are going threw. This site is full of caring, supportive members.

You have gone threw so much with your lupus.:hug:

Take care,

Lyn

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi Bri, welcome on board.

Reading your post shows not only how much you've been through, but also how strong you are.

Wishing you all the best with your ankle operation X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Bri and welcome :)

I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been through. Let's hope that things stay stable and calm for a while and that that op on your ankle is the last one for a long time to come.

I hope you enjoy being here with us and find this site as much help as I and many others have.

Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Bri,

Sorry you have had such a rough go of things with your lupus.

I was dx with MS in 2005 and just got the correct dx of Lupus this past week.

I do hope that things will calm down for you.

I think you deserve a break. You will love it here.

These people are so supportive, informative and just great people!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Bri:)

Wow you have been through alot! It's nice to meet you and welcome to this wonderful site.

I'm currently on going with tests and don't have a diagnosis yet.:hehe: People here are just great and no matter what your query or whether you just need to have that extra support you've sure come to the right place.

I hope you are doing ok at the moment :)

Take care
Mrs M x

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi nice to meet you & i agree with everyone else you have been through alot, I have just recently been diagnosed.

This forum Ive found is not only a wealth of REAL information but a ****** good place to have a good old rant when you need to & to get support from people who are going through similar things.

Hope your doing well

Parkesy

P.S - Apologies for the ****** lol

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Bri,

:welcome: to the site, It is great you stumbled on to the site... I think there are a lot of us that have done that...That is how I found the site...And I am so happy that I have....
I have found nothing but positive and informative support on this site...

I am so sorry you have been through such a bad time... It is great that you have such a loving and caring family to help you get through all that you have been through.... Now you have us to help you also....
Hope to get to know you better...

:love2: Love Penny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanku all so much

:)wow thanku so much 4 ur support, i feel comforted already by the warmth ive recieved, got a doctors appt 2morr so im gonna try get an early nite but will with out doubt check my post later on. I would like 2 thanku once again 4 lettin me feel so @ home already & would like 2 wish u a peaceful nite & the best of health x:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts