The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jennifer. I was diagnosed with lupus in 02/06. Since then I have also been diagnosed with scleroderma. I am tired ALL the time and lately it seems that I have been losing my train of thought. I forget things constantly and have to write sticky notes for EVERYTHING. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi Jenn:

Welcome to the site! You have found a place with warm, caring people!

I'm not really sure what is NORMAL anymore, however most of us suffer from severe fatigue and what we call BRAIN FOG. I think you have the same.

Are you on any medication for your lupus? Sometimes the right medicine can help reduce and sometimes even resolve these issues.

I am sure someone will be along to offer better advice

Stephanie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello, I am hoping that when you were diagnosed they also tested you for APS. (Sticky blood/Hughes syndrome). I may be telling you something you already know about, but APS can go with Lupus and the stickiness of the blood affects the oxygen to the brain, causing all sorts of symptoms including confusion.

It would definitely be worth checking if this was excluded. If not and you do have APS it is quite easy to treat, many people just manage with low dose aspirin.

I am not a Dr. or any sort of expert, but I am a long term Lupus and APS patient, with a daughter who also has these conditions.

Oh, and Welcome to the Site.
x Lola

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes most lupies all have some sort of memory issue..sometimes caused by meds and other times just because we are exhuasted all the time..

You do get used to both and fine a way to deal..Like take our time and not over doing..because we will just pay for it the next day...

Hope things stay calm .

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Jennifer and :welcome:

You are not alone! As others have said most of us suffer from tiredness, fatigue and brain fog at some point. I too write everything down these days.

Ii am sorry to hear that you are struggling so much. Keep in touch and let us know how you are.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts