The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this site, I have SLE diagnosed 7 years ago. They recently this week just discovered a tumor on my left kidney. I am freaking out, I am in alot of pain. I work two full time jobs to support my family and it is killing me to take time off. I am scared, I had trouble with my kidney function 7 years ago and they are not in very good shape. The unknown is so hard, isn't it, it is amazing how the mind goes into overtime.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Shaymari, welcome and hugs :grhug:

I can imagine just how scared you must be right now :( and I'm sorry that I really can't be of any practical help. Do you know yet what kind of tumor it is or what the proposed treatment is?

How on earth do you manage to do two jobs? I'm exhausted just reading that!

I hope you enjoy being here and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Bye for now and more hugs :grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Shaymari and welcome to the site.

Sorry for what brings you here but glad you found us.

I agree with Katharine that the thought of working 2 jobs is exhausting just to think about. God Bless you as I don't know how you can do that.

I sure hope the issues with your kidneys turn out to be nothing serious. Please keep us posted. What is the doctors next plan to try and figure out what is going on with you?

What medicine do you presently take and do you find your Lupus is pretty well controlled? I do hope you get promising answers soon that turn out to be nothing bad. Please keep us posted and come here for support. This site has become my home away from home and a god send for me.:wink2::wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Shaymari and welconme to the site. I am sorry to hear of your tumour, it must be very scary. 2 jobs, wow!!! you are amazing!! I hope they can get you sorted quickly to allay you fears.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Shaymari, just wanted to send you a hug. :hug:
I too have just had a raft of investigations e.g. MRI (brain) Echocardiogram etc etc so I know how scared we can get waiting for results. Try to think positively and remember that so many things can be done these days and outcomes are so much more positive. We always think the worst dont we? :( So try to take each day as it comes. I told myself that " at least they were investigating and therefore if anything was wrong theyd find it, the sooner the better".
x

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I am not sure where you are in the world as this site reaches all the way around it. I know isn't it wonderful? I am sorry that this has happened to you at this time when it seems you really don't need it, but that is when it always does happen.

You might want to talk to your doctor's and see if you can file for some help so you don't have to work 2 jobs that can not be good on your health. You sound like me just a year ago LOL. That person still shows it's face once in awhile but I am learning that it is time to take care of myself or I won't be able to take care of others that I care about.

You seem to have a positive attitude about things so far, but that can change and if it does we are here for you to talk thru it with you or advice you if we can. Please do remember that is what it is advise. None of us are doctors but we are living the life so we do understand.

My thoughts are with you and my prayer for an upcoming hard time for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.