The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all. I'm new to this, so will introduce myself. I saw my GP in June after several months of tiredness. By the time I saw him a rash had developed and I was having shivering fevers at night and had swollen glands in my neck.
I was referred to a dermatologist who diagnosed urticarial vasculitis.

Since then I've been trying different drug regimes; currently on loratidine, fexofenadine, hydroxyzine and ranitidine. After a course of steroids my skin is great. I gave however developed shooting pains at random places, usually my hands and feet, and alcohol gives me fever symptoms. My dermatologist has referred me to a rheumatologist and opthalmiligist(my eyes occasionally show signs of uveitis). My GP has advised that in light of my symptoms and positive auto antibodies (DNA, Ro and La) I almost certainly gave SLE.
I am still tired, and finding it hard to work full time - I used to travel a lot with my job but have stopped that for now).
I'm looking forward to talking to you all and learning lots!

Lynne

·
4,445 Posts
HI Lynne and welcome... there is a wealth of information here from kind, humorous individuals who have so much experience.. I definitely found this the best source of info when I was diagnosed 10 mths ago....start a symptom diary..daily logging pain scale 0-10 and photos of any rashes, swellings etc ready for your rheumy appointment.. until the next time.
Claire XX

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Claire - great to hear from you. Your advice about pain levels for the rheumatologist is really useful. Waiting list is 10 weeks so I have plenty time to keep a log of symptoms!
Thanks again.
Lynne

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Lynne and :welcome:

It's not great to know that you might be heading towards a lupus diagnosis but, at least if you know what's wrong, you can then start treatment and long-term look forward to a better quality of life than you have right now.

If you have any questions leading up to your appointment, don't hesitate to ask, the members here are more than willing to help any way that they can.

It sounds like you have a great GP!

Katharine

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
welcome
in earleir stages than u awaiting diagnosis.
wishing u all best but not wishing u lupus,not nice.

countrylass

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Lynne,

Welcome to the site.

If you have any rashes, take a picture so you can show your rhuemy. It seems that rashes go just before the doctor appointment.;)

Being tired is a big complaint that we all have. It is like no fatigue, only people with lupus know what we are talking about. Learn to listen to your body. Pushing threw will only result with more pain and fatigued.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your replies. You're right about the tiredness! I have pictures of my rash so will take to rheumatologist when I get appt.
Thanks again!

Lynne

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site, you have been given excellent advice. The site is a fantastic place for info and support.

Take care

DEb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.