TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,430 Posts
Me too!

HI Georgia, just wanted to say hello and I am with you on that one.. I love the sun, it just hates me! :lol: Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day...
Take care,
XClaire

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Georgia and welcome :)

Yep, I think we all get days like that and sometimes it's good to give a good scream and let ot out, so I'll join you there too aaaaaaAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you could tell us a little more about your history and treatment. You never know we might have some suggestions that could help.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
I can only be myself
317 Posts
Hey, and welcome.
Everyone here is friendly and generally can give some good advice to any questions.
I know what you mean, I hate having to cover up and sit in the shade, while every one else is out sunbathing :( , and having to stay in because i'm too tired or ill to go out with everyone else.
Everyone here has tea and sympathy when you want a moan :)

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Hi Georgia

I know just how you feel!!! Maybe you could try the chat room sometime, its very friendly and it can be a good laugh. Hope that you feel better soon.

Deb

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really really really do know how you feel........ everyday is a reminder of the darn illness - God it's boring.............

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi Georgia,
Welcome to the site and to yet another club of the pail people lol. I missing being in the sun also before all this (when I was young and had a figure other than round) I was a sun bather. I did not do it all the time just for some color. I have indian in me so it does not take long and i was a pretty brown and could go weeks before having to tan agian. Oh well those days are gone and in return I get A/C and reruns in the summer lol. I know it is not laughing matter but if we don't laugh about it all we would do is cry, and that would solve nothing. You get swollen eyes, have trouble breathing out your nose, and in fact you have just made things worse as before you could breath rather well. I hope I got at least a smile from you. Come join us sometime in the chat room.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Georgia,
I am new to the forum but not to lupus. It is comforting to know that there are so many caring people who are in the same boat as us. Check with your doc whether your vitamin D is low due to lack of sun exposure. Low vitamin D can make you feel weak and depressed. I just started Vitamin D supplements per my doctor since mine was low. Hope this helps
Champ

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know the feeling! I growed up in Puerto Rico close to the beach and the sun was my life. Here at the USA I used to look for that "suntan" look I used to have when I was a kid through the tanning beds until all the sudden sun become my enemy. Soon enough I was diagnose with Lupus. No more tans for me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts