The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no real point to this post other than I feel the need to share.

Im tired. I want to put an exclamation mark at the end of that statement but then it would look too energetic so I wont.

I am busting for the loo and I need a drink but I have no energy to move from my desk so I could soon be in a mess. Perfect opportunity to strengthen my pelvic floor I feel.

I found myself trying to perfect telekynesis earlier. I was staring at the printer willing the paper to float towards me. It didn't work :( and the effort wore me out even more. Hmph.

Do you think anyone in the office will notice if I subtly slip off my chair and curl up under my desk for a quick doze?

Yours Sleepily
K

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi K-

Sorry your so tired.............Tis the season and I want to nap too.

Do you take anything for fatigue?

I take Provigil and it really helps.

Hope you get a burst of energy today.......maybe a good cup of java is in order here.:wink2:

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi KitKat,

It sounds like the weekend can't come fast enough for you. I hope you take some time to get some much needed rest.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Kitkat

I hope by now you are curled up asleep in bed and have managed not to soil yourself or destroy the office floor ;)

I can so empathise with you about not having the energy to go pick up the printer paper. Many is the time I have sat on the sofa here at home and looked at a piece of paper or a sock on the floor for an absolute age and just didnt have the energy to get up and pick it up.....

Sleep well tonight

Much love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Praise God for weekends and Duvets! Have walked to the printer a number of times to day :D

I have chatted to my Rheumy many times about the tiredness but He pretty much dismisses it as something the Lupie people just have to cope with. :( I will ask him about Provigil next time I see him. I have various heart probs though and checking it out on Wikipedia I wonder if I wont be able to use it cos of that. You can only ask!

If I were given any super power I always thought I would love to be able to fly but now I think, to have all the energy I need when I need it would be the best super power ever. I can keep wishing on stars and praying hard and see what happens while I try hard to not regret doin so many other things whilst still being well.

Thanks for your lovely messages.
K

P.S. You will be glad to know I eventually gathered up enough strength to get me to the loo safely with no accidents ;)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hey Kit Kat, Once I went in the Library but was too tired to choose a book. Lupus fatigue is beyond most people's understanding.
I am glad you feel a little better after the weekend. Just take it at your own speed. I did a very restful thing today, I felt tired and grumpy so Immi (my 17 year old who has Lupus) and I went to the local Cat Shelter and spent two hours cat cuddling. The cats were most appreciative. Immi had to go straight to bed when we came in and I am a bit whacked, but it was good.
x Lola

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am glad that you feel better today. I too wish I had some powers :wink2:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
KitKat,

I know the feeling try getting a little extra sleep when you can. Not sure what your hours are but when you go home lay down for an hour. Before you go to work lay down for an hour, your body is telling you something. You might also ask if they could do a split shift for you where you work like 4 hours and go home rest and come back and work 4 more. Just a thought. Hope the best for you and you find your happy middle ground to get through the season with a little energy.

Tammy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Opps! Just feel asleep!
Dont think anyone noticed as I had nipped into the office to work on another computer.

I went Christmas shopping with a friend the other week. After about the 4th coffee break I could tell she was getting fed up so I said for her to go round some shops then come back and join me. She came back 30 mins later to find me sound asleep! Doing that certainly gave me energy for more shopping though.

Hmmmm love the thought of cat cuddling for an afternoon. What a great idea!

Yeah when I get home from work I often have to lay down for an hour or 2. Work want me out of my job and dont get me wrong I would love to leave but I live on my own and so can't afford to quit and I fear if I started to ask for more time for sleeping they would use it to say that they cannot reasonably cater for my disablility and get rid of me. Sigh!

Hey ho! Cant complain really especially as I have managed to book 2 weeks off over Christmas! Yay!

With dosey smiles
K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts