The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently been taken off my immunsuppressents because of a serious and life threatening infection in my neck.

My question is, has anyone gone off thier immun-suppr's and how long did it take to feel the effects of going off them? I am so very afraid that I am going to lose all the forward momentum that I have had in controling this disease in the last year and have to start back at square one because of the infection, oh and surgery too!

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi,

I can't answer your question. I have been on methotrexate since Jan. of this year. You could call your rhuemy and ask him the question.

I just wanted to give you some hugs:hug: You are going threw so much right now.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Lyn, I appreciate the thoughts and hugs....

I suppose I will just have to wait and see. I will know more on Wed after the consult with the specialty clinic in Boston, Mass. I would hope they will make me a priority becuase of my AI issues and the fact that I have a temperary "pic" line in my arm but we will see how long I will be off my meds.

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
I've had to drop off Cell Cept a few times. After 7 - 9 days I began to see a difference in my symptoms. The doctor thought that was too soon but it has been the same more than once.

Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.