The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I might be switching to Cellcept since the rhuemy says that apparently Imuran isn't going well. Does anyone now what's the difference? And how much the dosage is used? What kind of side effects? I've been reading it but I want to hear about people who are actually using it.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I went from Methotrexate, to Immuran, to Arava, to CellCept. I am very happy with the CellCept, as besides some nausea and headaches in the very beginning I have been doing great on CellCept. Dosages can start as low as 250mg and go up from there, the max I have ever discussed with my Dr is 3000mg. I curently take 2000mg a day - 1000 in the AM and the same in the PM.

I has man y problems with the other meds that i do not have with CellCept, and I have been on it for just over 2 years, about 1 years at the current dose.

Hope this helps, I am sure other will be around to offer their experiences as well.

Stephanie

·
Registered
87 Posts
I haven't been on the other meds you ask about but I am, and have been for several years now, on Cellcept and I love it. I am on the max dose of 3000mg and I have no side effects whatso ever. It has really helped my sclero.

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Cinnia,

My doctor prescribed Cell Cept to help with neuro issues. I started with 500 mgs and worked my way up to 3000. Initially I had some gastric issues and dizziness. Once I got used to the drug those went away.

At one point I felt it was no longer helping. I learned very quickly how much it was when I got a simple cold and had to go off it for awhile. I couldn't wait to get back on it.

If your doctor makes the change I hope it works for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
ive only been on it since febuary i think, i didnt find the side effects as bad as Azathioprine, i started on 500mg 2xdaily then up to 1000mg 2x daily.....for cns.............. hope things improve for you with it, early dys for you me both with the cellcept xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.