TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I am in a really bad flare. Just started yestarday. Been lucky have not had a bad one for years. This one starts with migranes and goes down my whole body to my feet. Every joint hurts. Any suggestions on how to shorten it?

Rhummy is 45 mins away. Already put a call into him. Was told to come in. I can't drive...hands are to bad. I have no way of getting there. Plus I started the really strong meds. He is only doc in area that knows about lupus. I doubt if he will call me personnally.

Elaine

·
11,405 Posts
(((Elaine))))

Is there any way that a family member can take you?

In a local town by me they have what they call a "care car."
Is there something like that for you to use? They take people to appointments, shopping etc.

Could you put a call back to the rhumey and tell him your situation? I sure wish I could help you.

Take care Elaine.
Love,
Lyn

·
Old Timer
1,599 Posts
Elaine :hug:

Is a cab or shuttle bus out of the question? There has to be some kind services in your area to help people in need like Lyn said. I think it's also a good idea to call back the doctors office and ask for guidance there. They may know of some services to contact for help.

Take care, I hope something works out for you quickly.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sounds like you need to develop an email relationship with your doctor. I find that really helpful, and quite often get meds adjustments between appointments if needed. This is really helpful, and so much easier than phone calls etc.
Could you ask your doctor if this is a possibility ? Is there anyone who can take you to see your rheumie in the meantime ?

hope you feel better soon

raglet

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi ((((((((((((Elaine))))))))))))))) :hugbetter:

Do you see your doc at the hospital or at his office? If you go to the hospital to see him could the hospital then possibly arrange to pick you up from your house and drive you there and back?

Could you also call the doctor and let him know what is going on? He might know what you should do and what services there are available in cases like this like Tom said.

Hope you feel better very, very soon Elaine.... Sending loads and loads of healing hugs your way and keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you :grouphug2::grhug::goodvibes::fingers:

:flowery:

Zoi

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Elaine

I think phoning them again and telling them you are too ill to make the journey is what you have to do. Maybe ask them if they have transport access available for someone like you who is too ill to get there and who doesnt have anyone at home to help? They might just be able to come up with some idea. Is there any kind of social services group in your area or a voluntary, charitable organisation that provides home support?

I hope you can get some help Elaine. Its terrible when you are ill and with no one around to help :hugbetter:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((((((Elaine))))))))))))))) :( big hugs to you. How did you get on, I hope you were able to see the Rheumy?

love
Lily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts