TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been diagnosed with sjogrens 2 yrs ago, the dr. has been watching me for lupus, but my question is, about a month ago what i thought i had a pimple that was just being stubborn so to speak it got huge & itched like crazy i had 2 spots next to each other well they have since gone but have left 2 very noticeable scars, then about 2 weeks ago on the other side of face i started with another one it too is huge, red & itches, now yesterday i noticed a lump under my ear and 2 more lumps have appeared, these things seem to start out as lumps that itch and then spread and they always appear along my jawline, ive been debating on calling either my gp or rheumy dr. these things are very unsightly and i cant find any thing that will cover them up, i have been going thru some very emotional & streesful situations and wondering if that is what is bringing them on, the last time this happend was 2 yrss ago when i first got sick. just wondering if im being too much of a worrier or could this be a lupus thing. i do have major sun/light sensitivity & if out in the sun i get a rash on my chest and upper arms...hopefully someone can shed some light on this matter i just dont know what to do.

sandy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Peekaboo,

I'm afraid I can't really shed any light on it at all. I have had periods in my life when I got either boils (when I was in my teens) or a kind of acne type spot appearing. The acne like spots which were extremely painful were during periods of disease activity but before I was on any medication. I haven't had any since being on medication - in fact, all my skin problems have significantly improved since being on plaquenil.

I have no idea if it is a manifestation of disease or maybe just an indication of a "run down" state, but I do think that you should go and see your GP, at the very least, especially as this seems to be recurring and also that they are leaving scars. Some of those type of infections can be dangerous depending on where you have them.

Katharine

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Peekaboo,

I get those same pimples. I call them pimples from ****.

all along the jaw line and under the chin i have patches of scaring or discoloration.

My dermy prescribed RetinA and it helps a lot,, it makes your skin very very dry , but if you have a good moisturizer for that area you will be fine.

I remember when i first got them,,, i thought a spider or something bit me, it was awful. They still are awful,, but i know now they are from lupus.

Even with the retinA they still take a while to get rid of.
I'm also working on getting rid of all the hair on my face.

I took predinsone for one month in the beginning and now i have a beard that i have to wax frequently.
They have this new stuff Vaniqa that is suppose to stop the hairs from growing frequently. I'm getting that soon.

Good Luck
Take Care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts