The Lupus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suffered with sever itching and have tried many over the counter meds. The doctors have given me topamax, predasoine, adarax, and various creams and nothing has helped. Has anyone tried any meds that work for them ? I am desperate Kathy Margo

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know when u have hives or admitted in the hospital on morphine that causes all over body itch they give Benedryl. You can buy benedryl over the counter. It works. The vetinarian also told me to give my black lab benedryl for her itching. Good Luck!! :rose:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Kathy,

I am going to agree with Michelle Ann. When i get a case of the itchies,, the doctor recommends Benadryl,, and antihistamine. It really does work.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Kathy,

I totally understand what you are going thru as I am there right now. It used to be a nice warm shower, some bath and body and a couple of Attarax and the itching was gone. This week I started a flare so my good Rheumy started me on Prednisone...ahhhh felt better. Then, wait for it, wait for it.....bAMM....there was that terrible itching. Ok, warm shower, bath and body, couple of my friends Attarax and man....still itching. It was horrible. I had never had such itching in my life!!! I had itched all my skin off and was down to the adipose tissue and we all know that fat doesn't go anywhere, s the itching persisted. Finally Friday I had my fill and and called my primary......out of town. Called my Rheumy.....day off but I could page him. YES! Paged him and he met me in the office and I got a Methylprednisone shot. It helped initially but then I has hitting the Attarax again. ARGHHH!! BACK IN THE SHOWER....do you see a pattern here??? I am kept up all night last night and I finally get some sleep around 6am and back up around 10am and shhhhh......****no itching****. As the day progressed, **no itching**. Tonight, got in the shower, bath and body (for fun) and currently am itch free. ahhhhhh relief.

I blame it on Lupus and possibly a small troll that I stepped on that has a hat full of curses or something.

Nancy

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
I also have a terrible itch and one of the other lupus members said to try Aqueous cream.You can get it from the doctor on prescription or buy it in superdrugs.What a help that is for the itching hope you get some relief soon Elisabeth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.