The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago rheum wanted me to increase metho from 15 mg weekly to 20. Have done it last two weeks but foot still really bothering me. Arthrits is in most joints and ankle of one foot in particular and other foot to lesser degree. WOndering when the increase dose may help?? I thought metho fairly quick response time. Did get a cortisone shot, maybe I need another. Also on antiinflamm med, it helps at times, but I wake in night with pain from foot. ANy thoughts??
Thanks!
Molly

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been told that any increase in an immunosuppressive takes about 4 weeks to help your symptoms. You might need either a different anti inflammatory in the mean time or a short course of prednisone. I wish they did work faster!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Molly, I am sorry that you are in such pain. First, as far as your daughter's appt. with the dr. tomorrow, yes I would mention everything, and you could also write it all down so he would have it in his file on her, and it would be so useful if there were ever an emergency. As far as you go, I was on methodextrate, but I do not know how long it takes to kick in, don't worry, lots of different lupies will come along with their thoughts. Yes we are all different in how we responde to meds. If you are being woken up out of your sleep at night from pain, you most deffinately need to call the dr. Monday morning. It is your body, do take care of it,you are the only one who can. Tell him just how bad you hurt, and write down your symptoms. Let him know that your current meds are not working. Luck.:wink2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts