The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know I have been booked for induction on 9th March, when i will be nearly 38 weeks pregnant. this is because the scans have shown the baby is getting a little large and there are concerns about my diabetes, the dr said that unstable diabetes can affect the amount of oxygen getting to the baby in the cord and this risk would increase after 38 weeks if the baby continues to grow at the current rate.

So in 10 days i will be going into hospital to have our daughter! I'm very excited and a little apprehensive - I wanted my husband with me during my entire labour but when i am admitted I will have a prostoglandin gel inserted and then we wait for 12 hours, during which time hubby will have to go home! It's only cos I am deaf and communication support is so important but I will have to hope the staff on the ward are aware and I will have to be assertive about my needs!

I will post again when there is news but in the meantime I wanted to say good luck to everyone here and even though it's not always been easy, I am going to have a baby, something I never thought was possible as someone with insulin dependent diabetes and possible lupus. there is hope everyone, I hope you can take heart in that fact.

Ash x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I wish you the very best of luck. I hope that everything goes well and that that special day will be fondly remembered after.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi ash

sorry to hear you have to be induced but it sounds like its for the best and I am glad your dr is taking good care of you both.

I hope your bag is all packed ash :wink2: & all you need to do now is get plenty of rest before the big day!:)

wishing you lot's of luck :luck: I hope you have the easiest labour!!..they say the bigger the baby the easier they come out :) mine were small :eek:
the feeling when you hold your baby for the first time is just amazing,unforgettable!

take care ash :hug: will be thinking of you on the 9th!!!
karen x :love2:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Ash,
How exciting:)

I hope it all goes well.
If you really feel disadvantaged by not having your husband with you, contact the senior midwife at the hospital beforehand. Ithink they should acommodate him.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Happy times

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That is coming up! So much to look forward to :)

I agree, they should be able to make an exception in your case
given your special communication needs unless they want to hire
someone to be there with you. It's possible that you could progress
quickly in those 12 hours too! All depends on the state of your cervix
at the start ;) Around here - you don't even have to ask and hubby gets
to stay in your room from start to finish and they have sofa beds in
every room for daddy-to-bes.

I'm very happy for you!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Ash, I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone. I am wishing you lots of luck. Hope the communication is not too big a worry and I would agree that making it known in advance would be a very good thing.
x Lola

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi , just wanted to let you know that when i was induced my husband was allowed to stay the whole time:) . i definetely think you should query the fact that he has to go home during that time, my prostglandin only took 3 hours to work:eek: . I wish you all the best and please let us know how it all goes:) .
mandy

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your messages of support everyone. I will ask my midwife when i go for monitoring on Tuesday. I'm swinging between feeling moody and angry, weepy and frustrated and then feeling excited and really positive. I just wish the time would go quicker. I'm trying to organise my week so there is something to do each day as I'm finding if I just sit and do nothing i feel worse. Hubby wants me to rest all the time but I want things to do, even if it's just two hours scrapbooking or going for a coffee with a friend!

Anyway we were advised about the things we can do to try and bring labour on as I wanted as natural a birth as possible so hubby is making me a chilli omelette as I type!

Thanks again for your messages
Love Ash x

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Then you should also arrange for a very fun "date" tonight too :) ;) **grins**

And a pedicure asking them to rub your ankles as that has been thought to bring about labour.

But really, none of this helps unless baby is ready! But it's fun trying!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts