The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHen lupus is in high gear is it common to develop such problems as eye inflamation,bursitis and tendonisits?

My vision has been hazy and my eyes have been hurting and aching constantly.Finally went to the eye dr. I have an eye inflamation the produces the oil in the eye.SO I have to take an antibiotic for 2 weeks and use a steriod eye drop for 2 weeks then had to have a cat scan to check the blood vessels in my eyes and my brain.

Friday my right should er started to really hurt.He had been hurting for awhile.BY Friday night it was in awful pain.SAturday I had to go to an urgent orthopedic care center.Had an xray and found out I had bursitis..again..and had to get a cortizone shot.I had bursitis in my hip a few months ago and got a shot and then a couple of years a go had a few shots in my left shoulder for bursitis.

I am starting to get tendonitis in my wrists.The pain from my right shoulder is so bad it hurts all the way down in my hand.

I have had lupus test for atleast 5 years now.Only once has my white count come back low.Everything else has been normal.

I have raynauds and now just recently diagnosed with gastroparesis.

I was told I have fibro.5 years ago.But I can't help but think that all of this is connected to an autoimmune disorder like lupus.

I have roseca.1 dermatologist said she thinks that is what it is another said the same thing.It comes and goes.I have brown like patches in with the red blood vessels.Nothing scaley just smooth ,sunk in and brown.

I am just tired of being sick.It is obvious that something is going wrong.I am getting worse.I was told I had dysautonomia then got a second opinion and was told I didn't have it.

SO what do I have.

Very frustrated.
Sheila

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Sheila,

Sorry you are feeling so poorly at the moment. My diagnostic road was long and confusing like yours, so I know exactly how you are feeling. I was told I had so many different things by so many different doctors. It is extremely frustrating!!! Fortunately, I finally found an excellent doctor, actually referred by someone here and I got proper treatment.

I've never had problems with my eyes, but when I flare, all the tubes and vessels in my ears get extremely inflamed, and I wind up taking anti inflammatory drops for them..I have also had severe bursitis and tendonitis during a flare..not sure if it is related or not, but quite painful none the less!

Autoimmune illnesses are inflammatory, so one would assume you certainly have something going on, be it lupus or something else. Sometimes our symptoms show before our bloodwork...my ANA still remains negative! Can you possibly see a new rheumatologist?

Hope you are feeling better soon..keep us posted
Sharon

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Bursitis

hi Sheila i have had severe bursitis for along time i had a terrible time over the weekend i had an injection a couple of weeks ago and it did not kick in till this morning i get my hips done every couple of months i had the operation for the tendonitis on my right wrist years ago i also got the op for tennis elbow on the same arm but just now it is my left elbow is sore but i will wait and see how it goes but i wish you a speady recovery from all he pain your in best wishes from elizabeth:) :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eyes still inflamed

well after two weeks of antibiotics and steroid eye drops my eys are still inflamed.I am using a new eye drop for inflamation given to people after eye surgery to help with pain.I am in alot of all over body pain now.I am in a fibro flare.My roseca is gone for now.And I have til May til I see my reheumy.I have a very good reheumy.She is one of the best in the state.I trust her.I just have only had 1 test to show low white blood count.Everything else has been normal.What lead me to lupus was the rash/rosecea on my face.Goes straight across my cheeks only.

I have been sick for so long.Pain so long.I feel I am beyond the point of fixing.And from what I have read about most autoimmune disorders predisone is the answer to most and I don't know if I want that.It is a hard life for us all.

Thanks for the support.
Sheila

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Sheila,

I can't say I have ever had any major problems with my eyes. They do, of course, get dry and scratchy like many people here and I do also get epeisodes of having a very painful eyeball (!!!) as if somebody had really poked it somewhere, only it hasn't been poked. It usually goes away of its own accord and I have no idea what causes it. Most likely not lupus.

I have burstitis in hips and shoulders and generally weak tendons all over. My tendons also have calcium depositis on them which is extremely painful. I have read that lupus can affect the tendons as it is a connective tissue disorder and I know that there have been plenty of others on here who have found that to be the case.

I can only agree with Sharon; the road to diagnosis of any auto-immune disorder can be long and very frustrating. I was in a similar situation to yourself as I have never had positive ana and that meant that all the docs were discounting it without going any further. I was eventually diagnosed through symptoms and a skin biopsy.

Katharine

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi. Sorry you're suffering at the mo. I can't really help as I'm undiagnosed but I get episcleritis often in my eye and bursitis. It tends to hit at the same time. I've tried steriod drops etc in eyes too but I found to ease the pain in eye I cover it with a cold flannel or cotton wool. It eases it abit. Hope they sort you out soon.

Take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts