The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;) Hi I'm Suvarna, I had Lupo in my life since 1990, so that's nineteen years. I can't kick him out of my life, so have to live with him. I have distracted myself from Lupo by becoming a permanent student with the OU. I am doing my 2nd Masters degree. Didn't think I would be destined to a life of studentship. It's Lupo's work. My dream was to have a family and settle down to a nice life like friends and family. So I have a very different life now.

For a long time I could not look Lupo in its eyes. I have started doing this, by visiting this site and really taking an interest. I guess my mind can deal with it now, it can take years you know. As an OU student I simply pushed it away out of sight. I can look at Lupo in its eyes and I am trying not to be scared. I see so many courageous messages here and not so courageous which is fine too as I have been through all of it and so much more.

It is less lonely having lupies s I can 'talk' to here.

Bye for now ;)
talk to you later ....

·
4,436 Posts
Hi Suvarna... welcome, although you have been pushing lupus aside, it does sound as if it has had a profound effect on your life nevertheless....by coming to terms with it and your body you can start to manage 'it' rather than 'it' managing you....its good to get online to talk to others in the same boat.. take care of yourself,
Claire

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Suvarna and :welcome:

We all know how difficult it can be to face up to this disease and learn to live with it in harmony. I don't know if we ever achieve 100% acceptance but the people on this board and their true understanding go a long way to making it so much easier to live with.

Bye for now :)

Katharine

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Helloe Suvarna and welcome to the board. It is a very friendly and supportive place, I hope it continues to help you. Join us in chat sometime.

Deb

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you will provide a lot of help and insight to many people here with your experience and unique perspective. I was also a student for many years but am all done now :) Feels good to be done too!

Bye for now and look forward to hearing more from you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts