The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was writing (with my write hand), but my left hand started twitching uncontrollably. I could not believe what I was witnessing. It was ACTUALLY my Left Thumb. It lasted for approx. 1 minute and ceased, but later at 2AM it started twitching again.

Has this happened to anyone? I have had twitches in my eye muscles on occasion through the years, but never limbs or phalanges.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have that occasionally happen in my hands,eyes and, get this, my upper lip. When it happened last time to my lip, I was in the bathroom so I looked in the mirror and my upper lip was pulsing, almost like a really strong heartbeat. I usually don't have any unusual sensation in my fingers or eyes, when it happens there, but my lip feels swollen and tingly when it happens. I asked my Dr. about it at the last appt. and she said it is likely caused by an increase in the prednisone I am taking. I doubt this logic as it has been going on occassionally before I started prednisone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My right arm twitches fairly often, usually when I've been trying to get my elbow to straighten (cue hollow laughter). I've never taken prednisone.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi

yes I have experienced that too..only in my thumbs & eyes.
sorry I haven't got a clue as to what causes it though..

take care...karen x

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i get this now with my head, it nods or twiches , what ever you call it..not much but it does it.
its like my head is to heavy to be sat on my neck.:hehe:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes I also have this involitory limb movement.... so much so that when i was with me local rhymie i was resting my hand on my head on her desk and when the doc asked how i was, my arm flew out and just missed her head! I didnt no wether to get up and leave the room or wether i was gonna get kicked out or wether to giggle with nerves:hehe: but any way that has settle down since starting cellcept i am also on warfarin and i no when me INR IS low my movements get worse... my Hubby giggles at me cos apparenlty i kick him alot too when in bed:hehe: ( so i can blame them)

but on a seriuos note i do giggle about mine but i no how anouying they are and how embarrassing too, mention them to your doc as i no quite a few who also suffers from this
Love Lou xxxx

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Precious, I get it in either hand, my eyes, off and onn. This has been for yrs. If you want the truth, I just chauk it up to stress. Stress on my body, meaning all those ligaments,tendons, etc inside are just inflamed
from stress and overwork or over tension, and it's my body warning me.
I put it under the column of Lupus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am giggling at your response...

Thanks guys!

I must admit however, when I read some of the posts, I had to literally laugh out loud:rotfl: I know my neighbor's probably wondered what was going on because I had been quiet since I got back from my doctor's appt. But I thank you all (especially, LOU). I really needed that laugh, I had a LUPIE day today, so it was right on time.

Blessings!

P.S. Someone said that their "head was too heavy to be sat on his/her head" that too blew me away!:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
titches

hi precious i too get the uncontrolables jurkin in my arms and legs mostly sometimes in my face i am on presilone when i asked my doc about this he said it was nerve damage i think they just tell you anything and hand you another pill and sent you on your way the worse thing about it is its very annoying and pain i think as mine can go on for a few hours the doc put me on gabapentin and amtripalen for this sometimes works :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts