The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a doctor to me either in Iowa, or near Rochester Minnesota?

I know the Mayo Clinic is in Rochester, but having grown up there I know that even there it is very hit/miss whether you get a good doctor that has BOTH personal skills as well as recent expert medical knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am eagerly waiting to see if anyone answers this post. I would love a good doctor in this area too. I go to the Mayo now but am so sick of those "baby" doctors who are first year residents trying to treat me when I know more than they do about my diseases. Good Luck. Laura

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Maia and Laura
My name is Dave and I just got consult appointment with Dr. K.G. Moder at the Mayo Clinic. I have a couple bad valves and a anurismum on the aorta.
I told my heart sp how I was feeling and to have someone look at my last 5 yrs of blood test and other tests I've had and see if all this could be lupus related, seeing I've had pos ana's,3 pos tissue biopsies and many of the symptoms of lupus. He claims Mayo has a very good Lupus Clinic within, and would find the best,of course. Anyway, I can let you know after Dec. 22

Be Well Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dave,
The Mayo has some wonderful heart docs. When I was first diagnosed with lupus it was after I was admitted to the clinic after having two heart attacks and endocarditis. The problem with the Mayo is you rarely get to see a Consultant(who is a real doc with years of training under his belt). The only docs most people get to see are residents who are still very uninformed about
a lot of things. I hope you get to see the old docs because some of them are amazing. Good Luck!
Laura

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Rheumi

Yes I know Mayo is hit and miss with doctors but if you need a good one check out Dr Osborne. He actually cares for the patient not the money. He is definitely a rare find.

Diane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts