The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Need some urgent advise. I have an interview tomorrow for a job in a Call Centre and havent been for a interview in years. I want to know if I should tell them about my Lupus???

I had a car accident in '03 which was the last time I worked and lost my job as the Lupus was retriggered from the accident but is in remission now again T.G.

So a bit of a moral dilema do I say or not???

Regards,
Jo

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
If they don't ask, don't tell would be my advice, but then thats only what I would do!

As long as you personally think you can do the job thats the most important issue!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would also not tell them; it could only hurt your chances of getting the job even though it shouldn't of course! Be prepared to state why you've been unemployed for a spell though, as that is a relevant question they may ask about.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I wouldn't say anything either. As long as you think you are fit to take on the job, I wouldn't mention it.

Just my opinion!

Nellie

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I also wouldn't say unless I was directly asked about health problems. As long as you think you are fit, that is the main thing as the others have said.

Hope it goes well!!!!

Deb

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Morning,

Thank you all for yer responses. Have decided to have wait and see how the interview goes and if asked will make it as positive as possible i.e Lupus dont stop me from doing everyday things etc.

The job is for 3.5 hrs a day, could be any time from 9am to 9pm and as it is I do voluntary work for 2.5 hrs a week on a Wed so def think I would be up for the job. Its something Im doing currently in a voluntary way.

Will keep ye posted.

Jo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Well had the interview and then processed to rip it to shreds in my head :wall:

Was asked questions I hadn’t thought about in awhile e.g. When did I feel not listened to as an employee? And I was in the recruitment industry and I wouldn’t have even thought of that as a question that might come up.

I hadn’t realised that there is now gap in my cv as I had the car accident in '03 but officially was off the company books in '06 and had put that down as finish date. All the people I had worked with in my last company have now left so no referrer from them so was asked about that.

The Lupus ? or been sick never came up but I did tell them I was on a payment where I needed to get an Exemption to allow me to work limit of 20hrs a week and still keep my Social Welfare payments and this would take a max of 2-3 wks so I opened the door for them on the disability issue.

At least they know I have a Disability payment and if they not happy with that then maybe I’m not meant to work for them.

I enjoy what I’m doing now on a voluntary basic(working for the Citizen Information) and people accept me for who I am warts and all, I just wish a paid job would come up within the community based side of it as opposed to the Call centre side of it which is where the job is at the moment.

Anyway, all my stressing and now it up to the universe
Thanks for the reply’s.
Jo

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Jo, that sounds like a tough interview, but also it sounds as though you did really well. I really hope you get the job!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.