TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
For several reasons i am changing my mortgage provider but need to get new life assurance as the term will be shorter.........BUT am having a bit of difficulty - does anyone know of an insurance company which will provide mortgage protection assurance in the IRISH market? And if so what is the likely premium - i know it will be loaded but just wondering by how much.

Thanks a million
Elaine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Elaine

I re-mortgaged my house last year but was unable to get mortgage protection cover having tried a couple of places. In the end the mortgage provider allowed me to sign a waiver so that I could go ahead with the mortgage but without any protection. Its a risk I decided to take. I just hope it doesnt come back and bite me on the bum.

I hope you find a company. If you do let me know!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joan

Hi Joan
I seem to be getting places anyway... Eagle star have not ruled me out and have requsted a note from my doctor. Irish Life are the same. I asked the broker about my chances and she said that as i am not applying for serious illness cover and am applying for mortgage protection only and given my age (34) and the term of my mortgage (25 years), and as only my blood and joints are affected at the moment, then there is a good chance but with a loading....will keep you posted.... My mortgage provider have agreed to me signing a waiver if i am not accepted though.....
Luckily i have serious illness protection with my pension which i took out about 10 years ago. So if i cannot work for whatever reason they will pay 75% of my salary. If i die while in service, they will pay out 4 times my salary which will basically pay off the mortgage....
Obviously i would prefer to have the mortgage protection cover, but as i have no dependants and live alone - signing the waiver is a risk i am prepared to take to be honest....
Will keep you posted.....
x e

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#success

Hi Joan
Hope you are keeping well...
Just want to let you know that i finally managed to obtain mortgage protection - from Irish Life and at only 24 euro per month too......
Took a while but got there...
Look after yourself
x e

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Thanks for letting me know Elaine. That was the same company who refused mine last year. Oh well... Im delighted you got sorted though. Well done for persisting!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts