The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has felt really poorly after having an iron infusion? I had one on friday and woke up saturday with severe joint swellings like when my lupus is flaring.I have now started my period early and its extremely heavy and I seem to be developing flu like symptoms.Should I ring the doctor or is it just my lupus reacting?:sad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I go in for my IVIG infusions, I have some iron infusion buddies there too. Yes, call your doc to let him/her know what's going on. I do know that it can throw your body out of kilter at times. Be sure to get plenty of rest too. It does take a bit to kick in, but with your period starting on top of it, I know that doesn't help matters either. Our bodies are so very sensitive. Good luck and I hope you feel better. Hugs.

Love -- SusieBB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you .I will give them a call and see what they say.I have never had an infusion before so was not sure of the symptoms.On saying that with lupus you never know what your body might do next!

Hugs and well wishes Tallie x:)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

Definitely give them a call. Not to do so is negative self diagnosis :) It probably is common and not serious but one never knows. Of course you should have been advised of possible side effects when you were given it.
In an ideal world ..................:rolleyes:

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey there,

I've had iron infusions in the past and I remember the doc telling me there should be no side-effects after the infusions (and there weren't), but bear in mind that two different kinds of intravenous iron are used for infusions (mainly two kinds), a med called iron dextran and another one called venofer, and where one doesn't have side-effects after an infusion the other one might have a couple... Nonetheless, Clare is 1000% right; we shouldn't self diagnose, and so you should definitely give your doc a call!

Hope you feel better soon and let us know how you get on!

:foryou:

Zoi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts