The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

Just a quick question--do any of you have problems with late/missing periods? I'm not on any medications aside from a daily multivitamin I've taken for the past year since I needed the vitamin D. I'm not pregnant (already taken the home test, not that I expected it to be positive anyway--I've waited plenty long so anything that should've happened should've happened by now). I'm in a flare anyway and was wondering if this is something to do with the Raynauds or what? I've felt the usual fatigue, aches, no appetite, general run-down feeling of a typical flare (perhaps more fatigue this time). Stress has never affected me before in this way (I'm planning our wedding in June) and I don't think I've cut calories so drastically that it would do this to me. Does anyone else experience similar? What do you figure could be the cause since I've never tested positive for APS.

Thanks for listening,
Envy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Seems as if medications would not be a likely culprit! I have to wonder why you aren't on any medications if you are flaring... why not on some kind of baseline medication for lupus treatment like Plaquenil?

Are you underweight? That alone can do it... regardless of cutting calories recently or not.

Lupus can affect things - although this is on the rare side. APS is not known to effect menstruation commonly either.

I'm unfortunately extremely regular in my periods - to a fault! If anything, my problem is I get them much too frequently (every 16-19 days recently) so quite the opposite problem.

If it keeps up beyond a few months time, then it's worth mentioning to your doctor(s).

Enjoy your wedding planning! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts