The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with irritated skin and have not been in contact with anything new!

Its only near my shoulder joints, elbows, ankles and finger joints. My head at present is full of sores but my joint pains are doing okay!

All I have to do is rub the skin then it gets very red, prickly/itchy and the more I touch the more I feel I have to as its very itchy (only doing it more makes it worse).

Already take daily antihistamine and using calamine etc to help these irritated spots!

Is this something other people suffer with?

Is is to do with the Lupus?

Any insight is appreciated - thanks!

Lesley

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Lesley,
I get the sensitive skin also. It hurts to the touch. I get this on my legs and is associated with little red bumps sometimes. They dont itch, they are just there. My muscle pain is real bad in my legs and the sensitivity only comes when the pain is bad. Sounds crazy right? We all get such different symptoms. I also get the sensitivity in my face sometimes where it tingles almost. When I saw my rheumy he told me that is a fibromyalgia symptom. Are you on Plaquenil?? I would check with your Rheumy about the sores. I dont get the sores , my skin just hurts and I dont have to do anything , it just happens. You may need some type of cortisone cream .
Good luck and keep us posted,

Kim

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Lesley!

I started having problems with my elbows being intensely itchy a few months ago. It drove me completely bonkers, as it felt like bugs were crawling on me. I then started getting red bumps that turned silvery in color over time.

I finally went to the doctor with it, and was told I had developed psoriasis. I was given a steroid cream to use on it twice daily.

I should have gone to the doctor with it much sooner, since it was impacting my quality of life. If the skin is bothering you, let your doctor have a look at it. There might be a quick fix for it.

Terri

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey Lesley,

I have hypersensitive skin to the touch from time to time but generally I do not get skin rashes.

The only time my skin really presents as a rash is if I spend time in the sun and that is using SPF of 50+.:mad::mad::mad:

I get little tiny fluid filled blisters and the itch can be maddening.

I hope someone else comes along here and provides some insight for you and I hope this clears up for you.

Do you take daily pred?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts