The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hello:
Can anybody tell me if Costochondritis is related to Lupus??? I first got symptoms early in May, was admitted to hospital for pain relief but just cant remember if i asked if its related or because of my Lupus (head just not with it today).

I have a medical in Dublin tomorrow and guess they will ask me that question, I already phoned a support group here in Ireland and they couldn’t tell me!!

Wired to the moon at min as also developed a Thyroid problem in last 8wks (Graves Disease) Hyperthyroid so nearly have to sit on my hands to stop me from doing things.

Any help/advice/answers would be very helpful

Jo

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Jo

Im really sorry to hear about all these new developments:hugbetter: Yes indeed costochondritis is frequently found in people with Lupus according to Dr. Wallace. The pain is caused by the inflammation of the cartilage and bones in the chest wall. Its not the only cause of course. There are others like trauma or viral infections for example but the odds are that it is your Lupus causing it at the moment.

If you use the search function near the top of the page and put in costochondritis you will see a lot of posts on it which you might find useful.

I can guess which support group couldnt tell you :rolleyes:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Jo,
Ive had costo several times thru the years. But my rhuemy and D.O. have normally contributed it to my fibromyalgia. Do you have that too? It is always related to a flare. My D.O. injected the "hot spots" in my back with Vit B12. Worked like a charm! At least for me. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Good luck.

Michelle

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Jo,

Good luck with your Grave's. I have been there and know what it is like. Hopefully your doctor can get it under control quickly.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have had costo one time about a year ago. Very painful! Felt like I was having a heart attack and struggled with breathing. Pred got me through it-my rheumy seemed to think it was related to the lupus. Hope you get relief soon.

Gentle Hugs,
Holly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts