TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im having alot of muscle pains, headache and my eye's seem to sting, my back is hurting and for some reason my chest seems weak. I usally have a joint injection but last time I had 1 and was still in pain so nurse said they would ask dr to start me on something else.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello. Could it be the change in weather? I'm having joint pains, feeling tired, having headaches and my chest also feels like I'm getting and infection........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think so this is diffrent im in pain but physically tired. just feel i have no energie im finding it hard to stand and sit i just want to lie down and sleep, i sleep on time and when im not in work i sleep in the afternoon aswell I just feel really tired.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's very consistent with a flare if you ask me. I'm feeling much the same way myself - if it lasts more than a week or two and/or gets quite severe then definitely contact your doctor and see if you can get something else that will help get you through this time.

Sometimes bloodwork can be done to check for things like anemia as that can cause a very severe fatigue too and can be helped with either diet and supplementation, or figuring out if there is another cause and addressing that (such as stronger lupus treatment if it's due to autoimmune process).

Hope you're feeling better soon...

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Naz,
Sleep as much as you can, drink plenty of fluids. I personally find cutting down on refined carbohydrates is a big help with feeling a bit better.

I am not sure what treatments you are on, but there are plenty out there and it might be wise to have a Review appointment with your Doc,

Feel well soon,
x Lola

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi had a very restless night my whole body aced but worest one were my legs. Still feeling tired will have to phone sle nurse at the hospital but i think they are going to start me on Methotrexateas my consultant was going to start me on them but I said no.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Naz,
I'm sorry you are having problems, but am wondering why you turned down mtx? It is an old drug and has a long history of use for autoimmune diseases. Of many drugs available, it has a much lower history for complications. By watching the labs, any problems can be caught easily.

Good luck with consulting tomorrow.
Sally

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi hope you are ok I go for my steriode injection next week. the reason why I refused Methotrexate was because me and my partner at the time wanted to start a family, know that the relationship is finished I may give it a go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts