The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello good people
just would like to ask if anyone forgets things,im always forgetting things like turning the cooker off cant remember what i was doing ect ect but just of late its been very bad is it worse when we are in a flare then if your not.i get angry with myself not knowing what im doing or could it be that ive got so many things going, would like to know if other people are the same.

thanks and take care

donna:shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi donna, yes unfortunately it's very common. It's what we call brain fog and I personally think it's a combination of the actual disease and also the profound fatigue we get - our brains just can't function as well under all that pressure.

Of course if it gets worse and things are more serious then it definitely needs assessing - certain brain problems with Lupus (i.e. those beyond normal brain fog) need treating more aggressively.

love
Lily

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Hi Donna

Yes I am alike this a lot of the time but now I know it is common I can laugh about it and dont worry
I can forget where I am going at times and when I have driven past my destination just think " whoops "
Without this site I think I would be a wreck as I would think I was unique but I now know I am not alone
Pam

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Donna, the brain fog and forgetting things can be quite embarrassing. I find I have to laugh about it. I tend to write things down and I find that helps.

Deb

·
Registered
24 Posts
I forget to remember sometimes

Yes, I am sorry you all have it but I have been too scared to admit it.

Does anyone have tips for remembering where you store or put something. I will time and time again say, "I will put this right here, so I do not forget" and
have not a clue where I stored it safely

I am just thankfull that I live and work for my Fiancee, now when
he see's me struggling to remember right in the middle of the conversation what I just said, he jumps in to get me back on track.

I transcribe and can key very fast, but at the end of the last flare (worst and longest I have had) I even had a hard time getting my fingers to spell a word, remember how to spell a word or what I just typed does not look right.

Thank God for Fall when the temperture dropped, the flare ended surprisingly quick.

Take care

Carly

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
hI THERE, First of all, Iwant a job working for Carly's husband ( it's a joke ), at least he will understand. I have tried notes all over the place, and I just walk past them saying " oh' I am just going around the corner. That doesn"work either. Ihavehad versions of being in a padded room even. Yes, it's very embarassing, but there is nothing that I kn ow of that will anything about it. I just say 'wow, that early alszimer's is a real killer. Just keep comming here and venting, as we are here for you. Is it the case with you that it has caused problems with your marriage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I joined this site not too long ago. I was reading today some posts and ran across this one on forgetting. I for quite sometime forget but thought it was a normal stage I was going through with age. Then a few years ago my father developed Alzheimers, his mom had it and her father had it so I was so sure that, that was the cause of my forgetting. I had assumed the role of Representative Payee for my brother in another state so he could get his house paid by his Social Security Disability check and other expenses on time. I got that all set up and it was no problem. Then my father got worse, I live close, so went over there every weekend. We eventually had to put him in an Alzheimers home. To bring a story back regarding Lupus, my forgetting was getting tremendously worse and I assumed it was because of all the stress of my fathers illness and worrying about getting it :):)and my brothers problems. Now after reading this, I feel that I may not get it after all. I am supposed to be going to see a rheumotologist as soon as my doctor can get the appt made. I feel so much better reading this now. I too have noticed feeling alot worse when its terribly hot (100) or terribly cold (32 and less) I live in Oklahoma and temperatures are extreme.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,

When i was at my worst in june this year, i would walk to the shop every day and leave the back door wide open, I totally forgot about it as normally its something i always remember to check. I've put thing in the fridge instead of the cupboard. Hospital appointments were a nightmare so i put everything in my mobile phone, at my worst i couldn't remember what i had done the day before. My brother complained because i sent him a birthday card 3 weeks early, but i told him he was lucky to get one at all the way my memory has performed. I think the worst thing is the household bills, i've had my phone and cut off more times and charges added to things all due to my memory problems. I must say though at the moment i seem to be improving but its taken a whole week of staying in the house.

Natasha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.