TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here in a while... 2008 was rough. Here's what is going on...

• 3 nights ago, woke up literally drooling stomach acids, it left blisters on my face, tongue, and inside of my mouth
  • took some mylanta
  • start to be unable to eat more than a few bites of food at a time, not nauseated, just full, backed up
  • new pain, never had this pain before, lower right abdomen, above my hip, not consistent, maybe a 6-7, dull and quick, comes and goes
  • only 1 bm & it was pure liquid
  • now, can't even drink more than a few sips of fluid, had a migraine earlier tonight, fever, pain more frequent

Ok, so, my concern is that this is just constipation (I've never had this as an adult, so I don't know what it's like), just new lupus stuff, or viral infection (tis the season) and I don't want to bug a doctor for that... especially since I'm without insurance & will be sent to the ER for tests since I have no coverage.

My worry is that it's diverticulitus or some other bowel issue. I was supposed to get all that mess evaluated in Feb but I had a family emergency and had to leave here and my job, lost insurance, etc. My bowels have had serious attacks of pain maybe 10 times a year since 2002... like double over, can't breathe pain.

So, yeah... you all know how this illness is.... if it's not one thing, it's another, but I don't want to die of something stupid because I didn't go to the doctor. At the same time, I don't want to deal with the stress of being told it's "nothing"...

I'm not looking to ya'll for diagnosis... just personal experiences that might help me decide what to do...

Thank you! Happy holidays.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Er, with symptoms that serious, whether caused by lupus or not - I would be straight down to the doctor!! It could be very serious indeed.

Normal "constipation" is definitely NOT like that.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My first thought was appendicitis. If you are on steroids they can mask a lot of normal symptoms of infections and problems until things are very bad. Definitely check with a doctor and please let us know what they say. The 'drooling stomach acid' really disturbs me.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Drooling stomach acid that leaves sores on your face, in my humble opinion is something that you need to address right away.

I have never heard of this and if it has left sores on your face then what has it done inside your body???

You must get to a doctor asap or at least call and make them aware of what is going on. I also think you now need to see a Gastroenterologist too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You really dont want to be in a position to wonder why on earth you did'nt do something before.
Why did I worry I was troubling the doctor. etc...

Go visit the doctor, you know your worth it:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I didn't go, yet, and I still haven't "went" yet either... but, I felt a LOT better today. I drank more fluids and made myself eat a little bit. The thing that concerns me the most right now is that I only have pain in one tiny spot... no bigger than a quarter. It's been there for 2 or 3 days now, lower right side, comes and goes and spasms.

I think I'm going to go tomorrow if things haven't totally cleared. I would have went today but I was feeling so hopeful... I started feeling better and hoped that I'd get better by tonight. You know how that goes, though, right?

The stomach acid thing was VERY weird... even for me and my strange body. It even left yellow stains on my pillow. I can't remember eating anything that would have brought it on but something made my tummy very angry that night. The face sores were like small blisters, they are now barely visible with dead skin on top, nothing grotesque... ha... just weird.

Ok, thanks again, i just hate going to the doctor with something new. Especially like this... with a chance it could be something so normal and benign... ugh. It would be easier if I didn't care what doctors thought of me... I need to try that in 2009! I'll let everyone know what I find out....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you been to the doctor yet? This does sound serious to me. In some ways it sounds like gastroparesis - where your stomach just doesn't contract enough to empty on its own. This would give you the reflux and the very full feeling. The liquid bowel motion though sounds more like constipation - a very solid back up somewhere that only liquid is getting around. This may also cause you to feel nauseous, and your stomach not empty properly. BUT - whatever it is, it isn't something you should be fooling around with. Even if it has come right now, I'd still go off to doctor and report as clearly as you can what happened. You need to know what to do if it happens again.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Good heavens, Girl! Take some avuncular advice and call the medico immediately. A lot of us have acid reflux but to the degree you describe, and with the pain, means that you need medical help *now*.
Please get some help and keep us posted.
All the best.
Douglas+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts