The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm newly diagnosed (see my intro). Anyway, I noticed I'm starting my
2nd flare with inflamed joints and rash on hands and legs. Yesterday I noticed unexplained bruising on my legs and some spots on my chest and thighs that look like they could be petechial hemorages? Maybe.
So, I know it doesn't seem to be a common symptom, but is unexpained bruising part of it, do you think?
Just before I got uber sick and in the hospital (which started this whole chain of event) I was bruising in some odd places that never had an explanation, but then I was shown to have elevated liver values.
Any opinions? Sorry that this sounds maybe a little disjointed-I'm feeling how this sounds I guess. Disjointed (achy jointed-lol!) and confused.

Thanks for any info!
Deb:wink2:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Deb :)

I think you should ask your GP about these petechiae. It might be nothing to worry about, perhaps a harmless side effect of a medication for example but we can't assure you of that. It could be a sign of something that needs seeing to. "If in doubt check it out" is the general rule. Knowing when to seek help is a frequent dilemma when you have a chronic disease. Doctors themselves will often put every problem down to the lupus, but any decent doctor will know that these apparently small things need to be checked out as they can be a sign of a serious problem.

Actually I'd say petechiae are fairly common, for different reasons.

Good luck - let us know what she says

Clare

1 - 2 of 2 Posts