TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately besides the normal Raynauds problems: cold, hot, numb, purple, red, and white. I have begun to have the skin on my hands peel, like they have a sunburn on them. I would say it was because they were dry, but they arent. any ideas?

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Manni,

I am not familiar with peeling skin with Raynauds. Do your finger tips ever hurt? Have you ever had blister type sores on your fingers? I would suggest you ask your doctor about it or even better ask for a referral to a dermatologist to have it checked out. Make sure the dermy you see is familiar with connective tissue diseases.

Let us know how you get on.

take care,
karen

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
when my reynauds gets really bad I get rough skin on my fingers, no matter how careful I am with wearing rubber gloves in the kitchen and using handcreams etc.

My dog said that it is just part of reyauds when it gets bad - my fingers look roughened is the only way I can describe them, but skin doesn't peel off (as in a sunburn).

hth

raglet
ETA hahaha, I meant 'my doc said' not my dog - thanks Karen for letting me know

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I have Raynauds, but in the same time, my hands and fingers are a whole different story, for that I go to my Dermy. My nails peal, open holes in thumbnail, skin hardens around fingernails and becomes caloused and grows into my fingernails, the whole thing is a nightmair. Get a good Dermy, skin is all he does, and he will be able to help you. Let us know.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have trouble with the skin growing over my toothnails if i don't cut it off with nail clippers. I don't have a lot of trouble with my hands peeling. I am having a lot of trouble now since it has gotten colder with my rayaunds and fibro. If the skin gets to bad peeling you may won't to see if your doc can give you something for it.

Jen

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

I have absolutely no idea what it is linked to but I usually have hands that peel every summer - like a mils version of a snake shedding skin :rotfl:
It hasn't ever happened to me in winter.

This year (having started plaquenil in April) is the first time I haven't had that happened - conincidence or not, I have no idea.

Katharine

·
Registered
175 Posts
My hands peel or shed a layer every year seems like. Always thought it was normal. I have raynauds & what I see most from that is the purple fingers & toes & the blister like sores. Also, the blood blister looking things, but theyre's no way I can have 30 blood blisters at once?!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts