The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Here's something that I found surprising. I did a quick survey of the birthdays on this sites calendar and found that some 50% of the 930 listed occur in the months of October to December. The numbers in each of the remaining 9 months is fairly constant and approximately 33% of the numbers in each of October to December.

Perhaps babies born into the winter seasons have difficulty coping with the onslaught of viruses when their immune systems are immature?!?! Who knows!

.. Here's the graph:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
One among so many questions...

For my part I was born in May and completely "virus-free" until at least the age of 7 as isolated from all other children except my brother...

Anyway, it's an interesting question :)

Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That is very interesting... I was born in May but I don't think I'm on the chart as I didn't provide my birthday. They have done research in other areas on birth months and relating it to disease. I have to wonder if early lack of Vitamin D could be playing a part too? This seems like an area that should be researched more!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi,
The evidence looks very powerful.
However how many of those included are in the southern hemisphere....ie heading into summer as opposed to winter when born?
I'm a September btw.

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya.. its all interesting, also that it may depend where you are born as Bigsis says. I always wonder about weather and environment too etc... I am in the minority, an april baby!!:lol:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
January birthday here - the height of our summer in the southern hemisphere :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is very interesting. I was born in November. I live in Florida now but I was born in N.Y. I was sick alot when I was younger and I guess now too.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.