TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wavesmile:greetings troops

so i thought i would share the past couple of days with you.
most of you know about the fiasco with the "shewolf". well oddly enough she is a real MD but she has no accreditations, not board certified in anything. also found out she doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up, she's been a regular GP, then went into OBGYN, and now is in rheumatology. i also found out about her philosophy about lupus...if you are being treated for lupus then you don't have pain!! HA! :huh: fortunately i don't have to deal with her but i do have to get the progress notes she wrote out of my file. not good things in the notes, like i refused pychriatic care.

so i did see .the pain doctor...she was very nice, very professional, a bit too professional, as i like doctors with a sence of humor and who banters a bit, but thats just me :rolleyes:.
anyway i call her dr. feel good :p she is changing my pain med regiment, increased the fentanyl patch and is slowly decreasing the dilaudid which is fine with me. she also is having me go for an MRI to see if i have a pinched nerve, oh joy, something new. and i need an ultrasound of my liver.

yesterday while i was there my pain level was its usual level but when i got up this morning i'm in alot more pain. she had me bend over and twist, move my arms so than they were behind me and hands between my shoulder blades. i thought that pain doc's are suppose to stop pain not create it :wink2:.

i'm also rheumy deficient at the moment cause the other rheumy i was suppose to see had decided to go play doctors without borders, what is with the rheumys in my life wanting to play drs without borders??:umm:is it my deordorant.

oh the shewolf is still trying to stop my infusion treatments in their office, which really isn't HER practices, its my original rheumy and my neuropaths practices. but khoa (the neuropath) said to ignore her and come in when its time.

so its been a wonderful day in the neighborhood for me. sorry for being so long but you guys are the only people i can chat with.

hope you all are doing well.

take care
hugs and kisses

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Good luck with the new pain management adjustments. I hope you see some positive results quickly.

Unfortunately many doctors feel the same way as Dr. Shewolf. Once you are on meds you are fine, go live your life. They really don't understand Lupus at all. That is why it is so important to have a doctor that listens and is willing to work with you to alleviate your symptoms.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Spellbinder,

Good luck on your upcoming tests.:luck: I hope the adjustment to your pain meds kick in fast.

Sure is good you are getting your care around your she wolf doctor.:)

Hang in there,
Lyn

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Aww bless you, would like to write shewolf a nice long note on yr behalf 8)

My pain has incresed since treatment so that's a load of cobblers. You stick to yr guns girl. Hope Dr feelgood does you some real good . ohh that rhymes :lol:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm sorry that "shewolf" is claiming to be a rheumatologist WITHOUT the board certification. Perhaps a call to the medical review board in your state would be a good idea. That way, if they get complaints of her claiming to be a rheumatologist, it will not be the first one. When your "real" rheumy gets back, I would be having a HUGE heart to heart about the mistreatment at her hands. You do NOT want this woman to be filling in again.

As the others said, just because she has decreed it so, does not make pain go away.

I had a couple bad experiences with pain programs and the mind games they played with people. So, consequently I view them with a very cynical approach. I resented that they would try to convince me that I could over ride the pain. Also, the therapist discounted my reaction with asthma and as a result, my asthma ended up a lot worse than it should have been. My pulm doc was very upset that they tried to tell me to work through the shortness of breath. He called them and chewed out the head of the program, I got dropped from their program. That was fine by me, and when my employer got wind of their treatment withdrew their support. The program also insisted on a change in one of my meds, which did not help as it never seemed as effective as the med they insisted I quit. I hope you have better luck than I have had.
Sally

1 - 5 of 5 Posts