The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such restless sleep.

I have had your problem but it only happens to me when I am going through a bit of a flare and sleep fitfully due to pain etc. I then find myself slippinh in and out of sleep and being in the "dream" phase and yes, they can be odd dreams.

I think it is more a sign of poor sleep quality than anything else and I'd mention it to your doc if it goes on for any length of time as it will make you even more unwell if you're not getting the sleep you need.

Some people, especially those with a fibro overlap, will have poor sleep quality and restless sleep. For my part, when it happens it is always due to pain (even if we are sometimes so used to pain that we don't notice how bad it has got) and if I can get a handle on the pain, then I sleep like a baby.

Sorry I can't help more, I'm sure others will be along soon :)

Katharine

·
Registered
467 Posts
:wavesmile:hi there

i dream all the time, i dream every nite. sometimes there nice dreams but usually not. sometimes scarey ones and some are just down right bizzare. i have woke up screaming or crying and swing my arms around from some of them. whats odd is that if i start dozing at naptime i will have a dream while i'm not totally asleep.
my craziest dreams are when i'm dreaming (or nitemare-ing) i'll wake up in another dream. i can wake up in dream afer dream...most disturbing.
i've always had nite terrors but now they happen all the time

take care
sleep well tonite
hugs and kisses

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spellbinder

JUST HAD A DOSE LISTENING TO THE RADIO, JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES ,DON'T KNOW WHAT I DREAM'T BUT JUMPED SO HARD I NEARLY FELL OFF THE BED. I HAVE NOTICED THAT IF I HAVE A FEW PAINKILLERS I CAN GET A COUPLE OF HOURS SLEEP. MY PAIN MOVES ABOUT ALL THE TIME LIKE A LIVING THING, I OFTEN THINK IT'S LIKE AN ALIEN, JUMPING AROUND IN MY BODY, BUT I AM SO USED TO IT IT SEEMS NORMAL TO ME. OH! DEAR THIS IS FROM CRAZY WOMAN.:eek:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. I have this every once in awhile but aftere awhile it goes away as fast as it came. If it is bothering you then I would call my gp and let them know what is going on. There maybe a med that they can give you short term that will help you get better rest and the patterns back to your normal.

I am sorry that you feel like you are not getting any rest and you aren't your brain is going a mile a minute and I bet your body is too. I hope that you get some good rest soon and feel better soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
onetay

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Yes the dreams are horrid but the sweats that go with them are disgusting, but I think they are caused by the dreams. I am usually working very hard cleaning things, polishing, scrubbing,or sometimes running up steps,changing dirty napkins on babies,actually having babies and it's all so very clear. I usually have little children and am late for school or I lose the kids or forget them, can't find their clothes rescuing my cat or dog(they are both dead). The lions and tigers are always trying to eat me,and they only have twice. I also dream of my parents just about every night,and they have been dead for ages. The last two nights were "good" every dream had me singing,wierd or "what". Well thanks for your kind interest.:lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
welcome

i have bad dreams and sometimes still in the dream when im awake to its scary and sometimes when i wake from a bad dream i go back to sleep and steight back in the same nightmare so i get out of bed and walk about for a bit and that sometimes works

dreams are not real but very scary
tc
donna

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I have a lot of dreams but typically they are good dreams, very vivid and they do not wake me up all night long. I am sorry this is happening to you. Maybe you need a sleep aid to get a deeper sleep.....I don't know.

I wish you luck with this moving ahead and welcome to the site.

Join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.