The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)hello
Just found out today that I have lupus.
Have antiphospholipid and cold agglutinins but since knees been more like a 90yr olds than a 40yr olds...they decided I should have another wee condition thrown in for good measure!!!

Not really sure how I feel...just reading up at moment(scary bedtime reading!)...but like anything else in life...its a new challenge and still think it could be worse...much worse!
Julie:)

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Hello Julie and :welcome:

I love your attitude :) Positivity gets you a long way!

When reading up - stick to reputable sites like this one and hospital sites - A lot of info on the internet is outdated and plain scary for no reason.

We have a great site here with many experienced members who are willing to give a little of their time to help make your journey a little easier. Don't hesitate to ask when you have questions and/or need support.

Remember that no two lupus patients are the same. You will not suffer from every possible symptom. Also, remember that many who post here are either new to the disease or are the rarer more severely affected people. Loads of people with lupus are far too busy to come here.

Bye for now,

Katharine

·
Administrator
9,116 Posts
:welcome: Julie

Reading about Lupus can be a little scary. Keep in mind though that most people with Lupus are able to function fairly normal once they get a treatment that works for them. Hopefully your doctor has already begun your treatment plan.

Feel free to post any questions you might have. The members here are always willing to help if they can. You can also ask questions in our live chat. The chat room is a great way to get to know some of the other members also. Hope to see you in there soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Premium Member
7,568 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It can be a lot to take in at first, and we can feel many emotions. Educating ourselves about lupus can help us to understand and accept it. I hope thwe meds help you.

Take care

Deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.