The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Hi all just came in from doing 1 only 1 errand and I walked around the grocery store and of course that was too much and BAM!! Fever returns every day..99.6..Drs have said fever should decrease or go away once this flare is over...I feel so awful..weak...broke out in 2 more lesions on my face..so many scars there already.I try so hard to stay positive but I am not doing well at all..Plaquenil was started 6/23 and Prednisone 10 mg until then..I know it takes time but OMG ...if some of my family and Drs would step inside my body they would understand..that is why I am so grateful to have this site...I may call Rheumatologist on Monday..I cannot go on like this...

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Our family and friends really don't know what we are going through. They think the pain and fatigue is the same they have had and it didn't land them incapable of functioning. It will take time and some education for them to even remotely understand.

Try to get some rest.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, grocery shopping can be very hard when we are flaring. You need to get as much rest as possible during the flare. Friends and family do find it very hard to understand initially. Somewhere on the site is the spoon theory, you could search for it, it is a letter to friends and family to explain how we feel. It is brilliant. You could try searching for it or I expect someone more clever than me will post the link for you!!!

Take care

Deb

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

Thank you so much for those links..I cried..inside and out...it is the truth..I think I will call my Rheumo on Mon to increase prednisone from 10 mg..I am exhausted weak,running a fever,hair falling out and other things I cannot remember..Sounds like a true Lupie to me huh? Thanks again Di

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry to hear you're feeling so awful!!

If I go to the grocery store, the bank, and the pharmacy, all in one day, I pay for it with aches the next day. And I don't even have to leave the car for bank or pharmacy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT...I realize this is a real battle I am fighting..left a msg for Rheumo but no response yet..My husband will be returning from Iraq in 6 weeks and I really would like to be feeling better...tonight 99.8 and severe knee and elbow pain..it always moves doesnt it?:(

·
11,410 Posts
Hi,

Listen to your body and get plenty of rest and don't forget the liquids.

How exciting your husband is returning home.:)

I hope you hear from your rhumey soon.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.