The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read many posts about this. I experience terrible itching in my hands and feet every single day, if didn't take medications for it i would go mad. i couldn't find a clear explanation for it in the threads but today my rheumy said something that could be useful to you too maybe. He said that when i did the lupus band test ( a skin biopsy ) and it came back positive it could maybe explain the itching....in sle it is often found that patients have autoantibodies + c1q, c3 deposits (and so on...) in their skin; this may couse the itching ....since my kidneys also got worse lately he prescribed higher dose of meds and said this should help also with the itching....if it is really the case i'll lat you know
take care

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi enrico,

I hope your itching subsides very soon. It can cause such misery. I hope they find out the exact cause, and help you feel better very soon.

Best Wishes,
Sandy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would certainly follow your rheumy's suggestion and get that test done.

How long has you hands/feet been itching?

I had a bout of that - lasted about a week - and it was my hands up to my wrists & my feet and almost up to ankles. I initially thought it was Chilblains, and maybe it was part of it; but then my daughter came down with 5ths disease/parvovirus b19 & then I thought maybe that's what I had that caused the itching/redness and slight rash.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Oh, gosh I know about the itching, though I don't have any meds for it yet, my hands, feet, and calves itch so bad, one day I just covered my feet with vaseline just hoping that the coolness would calm the itch down. It is a nightmare, I hope things will work out for you and that I can find out something about my itching too. Karly:posy:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi, I am sorry that you in such a fix right now, you must be in misery. I have been itching , just this last 2-3 weeks, and it is my first time for this. I just scratch my legs, arms and hands. The only thing I do is put hand cream on them to sooth the urge to scratch. I
hope you find that your tests give you good news.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Just wondering if the skin is also very dry.? I had same problems, but the skin was so dry and the itch was driving me nuts. hands, feet and arms. They gave me aqueous cream, which has been off great help.

Sheila xox

·
not so fragile Ginger
12 Posts
I have been itching since the end of December. NOTHING touches it. I have a rash also on my that is red lumps. But the itching is all of me. Makes me crazy! I cant sleep. can hardly work. ended up getting acrylic nails just so my nails would be thicker and I would stop breaking my skin ( guilt free scratching) I itch inside my joints!! I am trying to sort out what I going on, waiting on more and more dr's . Of course so far my blood work has all been normal so I am fighting the uphill battle for a diagnosis of SOMETHING. I dont care, I just need the itching to stop!!!

·
3,294 Posts
Hi Ginger,
This is a really old thread so the people that have posted may not be active on the forum. I'll close this thread now because it's old - you might want to start your own thread which would be likely to get more responses which would be more specific to your post.
Best wishes,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.