TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I've been on here. Joined up in 2004 and been going back and forth to Tommies since then. Well on Tuesday this week I was told I definately have Lupus. Not bad eh..........0 -60 (oops) in five years. Still, now I know I'm not imagining things :hehe:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Otter :)

I don't know whether I need to say congratulations or commiserations :( I'm sure that although you are happy to finally have a diagnosis, it is still a pretty big shock :hug:

You may find yourself a bit up and down and all over the place in the next few days and weeks but please be reassured that that is normal and we all understand.

If you have been followed up at St. Thommies over these last two years, have you already started treatment?

more hugs just in case your not feeling too good and feel free to fire away on the questions if you have any...

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Otter,
It can come as a shock to know you have been right all along. You have your answer now and on to the next step dealing with it. That can be easier said than done. I hope that you start feeling better knowing that you are not crazy and make life style changes that help you handle and deal with your condition.

Feel better soon.

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Welcome back to the site Otter.

Now your diagnosis is official I hope the doctor can find the right medication cocktail to get things under control quickly.

Please don't be a stranger I would love to get to know you better.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Otter.

I am sure it is a relief after 5 years of not knowing. :hug:
Even though you will have a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Have they started you on any meds yet?

It is great to see you on the boards.:)

Take care,
Lyn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts