The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wanted to say hello to the community. I joined last week but was doing a lot of chatting but today there seems to be no one chatting just posting messages so I thought I would give this a try. I was diagnosed in 2005 but my lupus has always had kidney involvement. Me and my doc have tried several treatments over the years and for awhile thought we were doing good but in Nov my kidney's failed. I didn't even know it till I went to get lab work in Dec. I was started on dialysis and that is where I am at now. Just trying to keep a positive out look on the whole thing. Even though when I think everything is going good my disease comes out and bites me in the a**. :blush:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Elsa and welcome :)

Wow, yes! that is a very small font size :eek:

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a bad time of it over the last couple of years and of your kidney involvement. How are you coping with the dialysis side of things?

I hope we hear form you again soon,

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Elsavill

I am very sorry that your kidney disease has progressed to this point. What very bad luck. I think we have a couple of people in a similar situation Will you have to look for a transplant or are things not at that stage yet.

I wish you all the best - let us know how you are getting on.

Hugs
Clare

This is size 3 type. You can alter the size at the top of the post form. :) I am not sure if you as the poster can alter it with the edit function though, by highlighting the whole text then change it. The Moderators certainly can't.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Elsa, Are you in the UK?
I generally go in to Chat about 10.30 or 11.00 PM UK time.
Hope to find you there sometime.
x Lola

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Elsa,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that your kidneys have failed. Are you able to go on the waiting list for a transplant? They are often very sucesful for SLE patients. What type of dialysis are you doing at the moment?

All the best,

Looking forward to getting to know you better,

X C X

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hugs To Everyone!!!!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO MY COMMENTS. UR WELL WISHES DID ME SOME GOOD.
I AM LOCATED IN HAMMOND INDIANA USA. THAT IS IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF INDIANA BY CHICAGO.
YES I HAVE LOOKED INTO A TRANSPLANT. i AM NOW TALKING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO ABOUT GETTING MY 2 BROTHERS AND 1 SISTER TESTED TO SEE IF THEY ARE A MATCH.
RIGHT NOW I AM DOIND P.D. WHICH IS PARATANEAL DIAYLSIS. NOT SURE IF SPELLED RIGHT. I LIKE IT BETTER BECAUSE I GET TO DO AT HOME WHEN I WANT INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE CLINIC DURING THEIR HOURS. IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I CONTROL THE SITUATION.8)
I HOPE TO TALK TO ALL U GUYS AGAIN AND ONCE AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE WELL WISHES.:p

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Elsa,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. I am glad that you have found us. I am sorry to hear that you are at the point that you need dialysis. PD style is what my late step-father used when his kidneys failed due to Type 2 Diabetes. He preferred that type also as it made it possible for them to travel.

What medications are you currently taking to control your lupus? I don't have kidney involvement with my lupus but do have GI Tract invovlement from my Scleroderma. My biggest issue with lupus is pain, lots of pain. My main lupus medications are Plaquenil, Methotrexate and Enbrel.

I don't get into chat too often these days but when I do it is usually evening USA time. I live on the West Coast in California. Hopefully I will meet you in chat one day soon.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Elsa

I wanted to welcome you to the sight and tell you how sorry i am that you have kidney involvement.I had a sister like 7 years ago had to have kidney dyalsis because of very rare disease and eventualy had a kidney transplant and has been doing real well with the new one.I hope we can help you to get through everything you are going through.

I am from northern illinois myself which is about 100 miles west of chicago.I am sure our terrible winter has not been to good for you either:sad: Sending you some (((((hugs)))) to get you through the winter and any other pains you might be having.

Tammy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts