The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sad: Since I have been feeling so horrible and my ability to take care of my place and myself has dropped a whole lot. I can hardly take a bath, get dressed and make it to sit down without being so winded. There are several services that will send someone out to help with the cleaning and my laundry etc. and my medicaid will pay for it. Tommorow I am going to try and call and see if I qualify now, before I didn't but that was before this flare up. There are several people who live in this building who get around better than I do and receive services, of course I can only go by what they say and do. I hate to ask, but things are definately getting out of hand here and I feel like I am overwhelmed all the time. I hope it works out. Fingers crossed. Karly

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Karly, if you have access to something that can help make life easier and better, then go for it. I don't think it matters what anybody else has or thinks or does. If you need help, ask for it. I hope you find yourself feeling better soon. Even if you do find more energy, I would recommend keeping any services you can. There is no need to spend all of your energy on housekeeping and shopping for groceries. You deserve a life.

Sunny

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi karly

sorry you are feeling so rotten :sad:

That sounds like a good plan to me!..I can understand you are a bit apprehensive asking for help karly but if help is available then go for it!!

our quality of life is so important,physically & mentally,so if there is anyway to improve it I wouldn't hesitate....it's just making that first step.

I have always paid to have my ironing done as I can't manage it at all...& lately I have been considering getting a cleaner in one day a week to do the bulk of the housework & make it easier for me to keep on top of everything :)

asking for help is something that I am not too comfortable with too,I prefer to be the helper when possible....but I am geting better at it..it's only what we deserve anyway :) plus as they say "if you don't ask you don't get" :hehe:

good luck karly :hug:
take care...karen x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.