The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
After seeing the walk in Dr today i feel like throwing in the towel.
He did'nt know what was causing the hot flushes and the pain, when asked could it have a connection with lupus, he said you did'nt come here for that go ask your family Dr. When i told him that the Dr's are telling me nothing even with the test results that i had, find another Dr if you don't like it.
More blood tests, i'm just sick of being kicked in the teeth at every turn.

·
4,446 Posts
Don't let them get you down.... though I think you have every right to be totally naffed off.:(... It is your body and you deserve better and the only way you are going to get that it to keep pushing and being a pain in the rear to them, which though totally unreasonable will make your progress even sweeter in the end... when you have some answers and some control over your body. Is there any way you could change Drs, sounds as if it may be a good time to review how you are being treated and perceived by current ones?.... Keep plodding on, keep your chin held high.. you know yourself and your body, you live in your own skin and they don't... you will get there.XXX

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, thats the trouble with walk in docs they can throw the responsibility back to the family doc. Don't lose heart over this uncaring doc, just be grateful he isn't your regular doc as I bet he would be rubbish!!!!

Keep going, you will get there in the end. It just takes time and so much of our emotional energy. Soon someone will join the dots and you will be vindicated. Hang on in there!!

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
It's just so hard at times.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi,
Sorry this has got you down.

I would recommend going back to your family doc as soons as you can and explaining what happened here and see if they can perhaps look into things a bit more for you. Don't give up hope just because of this doctors total lack of human compassion. Try to keep your chin up.

Take Care

Cassie :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even after having such a horrible day yesterday, today is the best day i've had in a long time, i still have the pain but my head is clear and my body is actually doing as it is told & i'm not tired.
It's been months since i've felt like this, & don't worry i'm not going to over do it, i learn't that lesson the hard way before.
Thanks for the words of wisdom, it's nice that were in this together.
I'm going to make an appt with my Dr when he gets back from his holidays, to try and get some sense out of him. And i'm going to ask him NO insist that he test's me for Sjogren's, it's about time that they did it, so at least i may know where i stand on that one.
Big hugs & spoons everyone.....

·
4,446 Posts
Good to hear you have had a better day, and that you have formulated a plan for moving forward.. that will help things seem clearer, pity we have to work so hard on our health's behalf!!! Wish you luck with your next appointment and don't take no for an answer.... have attitude!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Everyone,
Just needed a kick in the ....
Hugs.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Hun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.