1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lazylegs;490203 said:
Hi Susan,

Welcome to the site.

Has your brother had any testing done for his thyroid? When mine was overactive I had very similar symptoms.

As Katherine said getting a diagnosis can take some time. Sometimes not enough critieria develop to distinguish one disease from another. So many of them share symptoms that you may be lead down many paths before finding the right one.

Good luck,
Lazylegs
it is extra hard for men to get the doctor the disease. is rare in men. my dad had it till it had him and now i have it. the sickness moves at will. the body at war with it self. finding a real doctor if you can thin let me know.

:)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jaymoe

I have moved your post to start a new thread just for your concerns so more people will see it.
I am very sorry that you have lupus and about your dad having it too and dying from it, if I have understood correctly.

Are you looking for a rheumy doctor in Arkansas ? You might get some useful tips if you post in the Find a Doctor section.

I hope you'll find the forum useful in every way- there's a wealth of information and understanding support here. We have quite a few men here but they tend not to participate frequently or regularly.
As usual the women do all the talking!:lol:

Bye for now

Clare

·
11,405 Posts
Welcome Jaymoe,

My brother and I (female) both have sle.

This board has is a great place to learn about lupus and medications. I hope you find it as wonderful as I have.

Take care,
Lyn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts